Missisquoi Bass Part II and III

Check and share here for the latest Bass fishing reports.
kbm
Species: rainbow carp!

Missisquoi Bass Part II and III

Post by kbm »

Yesterday:
I hit the river again to do some duck scouting and to see if I could find and catch some "old friends". All the wood I fished last week did not hold a single large mouth. I went to a couple of cut banks that had 8-10 fow and found a few pockets of small mouths. Although I only fished for about an hour, I managed 8 fish. I lost one of the biggest small mouth of the year right at the boat.
If you happen upon a real nice small mouth with a junebug lizard in its lip, tell her I said hi!!!

Today:
Targeted the small mouths on the deep cut banks again. Found them at our 1st stop. Managed 31 between two of us. They were inhaling green tubes. They weren't really interested in much else. It happened that my friend had a green tube already on. After going 3 for his first 3 cast, I made the switch.
All the fish were long and skinny... 2.5 to 3 lbs. The largest was 3lbs 11oz.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Missisquoi Bass Part II and III

Post by Reelax »

Nice report... Thanks
vtbass
Species: Bass, Northern Pike, Muskie

Post by vtbass »

My last couple of trips out, I've found that the largemouth have been on rock with scattered weeds. I haven't found a thing on wood ..... check out some harder bottom, 3'-5' feet of water, next time you're out. If you can find some firmer bottom with some standing weeds still around, even better. I wish I could have gotten into some smallmouth like you, though!
rvq
Species: bass

Post by rvq »

Thanks for the report.

Bob
Matt
Species: Any

Post by Matt »

Gooooood stuff!!!