Lewis Creek Smallmouth

Check and share here for the latest Bass fishing reports.
tiny

Lewis Creek Smallmouth

Post by tiny »

Took a quick trip to Lewis after work yesterday and found lots of bass that weren't sitting on nests yet but also weren't hungry. A surprise thunderstorm soaked us but also seemed to increase the fish activity. I lost one big fish that ran into a logpile, caught 3 bass 14-17" and caught two rock bass in a place where there shouldn't be any rock bass... One of my buddies jokingly asked if we could find him a fish heavier than his newborn daughter, instead he caught a fish that was an inch longer than the baby. My other friend had some good action on an 8wt with black streamers.
The big bass - 21.25"

My random rock bass

Bass on the fly

vtbassin
Species: Iwill happily reel in any fish

Re: Lewis Creek Smallmouth

Post by vtbassin »

Beautiful fish! Nothing like smallies on a fly rod! :D
Lavman
Species: Equal opportunity catcher :D

Post by Lavman »

Very cool! Thanks for the look :mrgreen:
Matt
Species: Any

Post by Matt »

Man, Lewis is crazy low. Did you sight fish most of them Joe? I wanted to hit Lewis this weekend but the NEK is calling...again.
tiny

Post by tiny »

Matt wrote:Man, Lewis is crazy low. Did you sight fish most of them Joe? I wanted to hit Lewis this weekend but the NEK is calling...again.
Thanks guys, Matt: Lewis was very low, warm, and clear... I think we would have had better action in the morning or at least on a cooler day. We spent too much time trying to sight fish, but all of those fish had already spooked. Most of the fish we caught were on the far bank or in deeper spots, but not "the" deep spot.