Pike post...don't know where else to post

Check and share here for the latest Bass fishing reports.
Champlainbaits
Species: Bass - Pike - Bowfin

Pike post...don't know where else to post

Post by Champlainbaits »

So now that I got my MA lM and SM out of the way I moved on to pike. I'm on a solid group of fish that are in the low 30" inchs but not the 36" that I need. I've switched over to crankbaits because I need to get a bit deeper than I was fishing for the bass....my bluegill pattern has been doing the trick over 15' to 20' of water. Structure and current have been key for me. It's been a ton of fun...I've gotten 4 fish over 30" in the last couple days and they are fun in a kayak. I've painted the side of my kayak with markings at the 36" mark so I don't even have to take them out of the water to see if they are "the one" I'm looking for.

I know that if I wait until fall this might be easier but I'm not really a patient person when it comes to fishing.
For some people it's "one more drink" or "one more bet" for me the lie is "just one more cast" :)
Matt
Species: Any

Re: Pike post...don't know where else to post

Post by Matt »

Keep at it! If I didn't have nerve issues sitting for long periods of time I'd give fishing in a kayak a go for sure...have you ever thought about trying the rivers too? I know the Otter has some pigs in it this time of year, as well as the Winooski. I know first hand of that...I don't really hear about many people targeting pike in the Winooski this time of the year, but in 2 trips I went 0/4 with flies in just two spots...that has to say something doesn't it? Good luck, can't wait to see your MA pike!
Champlainbaits
Species: Bass - Pike - Bowfin

Post by Champlainbaits »

Thanks for the river tip matt...makes perfect sense. I'm a bit limited in range at the moment but I think I can hit the winooski so I may give that a try.
For some people it's "one more drink" or "one more bet" for me the lie is "just one more cast" :)
Matt
Species: Any

Post by Matt »

I'd give it a try before water levels go up. The levels are low, and I'm sure kayaking around would be easy.