Ticonderoga June 01, 2012

Check and share here for the latest Bass fishing reports.
NY Ranger
Species: Bass

Ticonderoga June 01, 2012

Post by NY Ranger »

Managed to make it back to Ti for the second time this year. This time I had my father with me. Arrived at the launch at 7:00 AM and hit the water running. Not to get too much into my spots, we targeted hard, rocky, gravel bays. Water temps began the day at 68 and climbed to 72 by day's end at 2:30 PM. We had an absolutely beautiful day. Air temps were a little cool to start the day. Somewhere around 50. Quickly warmed into the low to mid 70's. No real wind to speak of until early afternoon and even that wasn't bothersome. Basically worked a squarebill crank and a chatterbait most of the day. Did a little pitching to some docks but really didn't bother much due to the exceptional bite. We boated well over 40 fish for the time we were there.

We went as far north as Crown Point. Found the water temps to be about 7 degrees cooler north of the bridge. Water was really stained with the rains of this past week. The fish we caught were in all stages of the spawn. Some were just coming in, others were spawning and others were already done. Tinkered with a new "frog bait" that I made up this past week. Still working out the kinks, but suffice it to say that it produced one of the biggest bites of the day even though she came unbuttoned at the boat.

Here are a couple of pictures to tease you guys.

browntown
Species: Ones with fins

Re: Ticonderoga June 01, 2012

Post by browntown »

WOW!

Holy Bass
rvq
Species: bass

Post by rvq »

Some hefty fish there. Did you weigh any of them? 40 fish for the day for two guys is great. Nice to see your dad along. You youngsters have to be nice to us old guys. ;)

Notice! Schodack and I will not stay out of Cossayuna. :twisted:

Thanks for the report.

Bob
Champlainbaits
Species: Bass - Pike - Bowfin

Post by Champlainbaits »

Glad you guys have been into them. I have been also up in the malletts bay area. Mostly smallies but the LM just started up for me to. With the moon and the weather I'm expecting the next couple days to be awesome.

I never use a chatter bait...so many people rave about them I think I might need to give it a try. Like you were saying though...it's hard to move to anything "new" when the bite has been as good as it has been.
For some people it's "one more drink" or "one more bet" for me the lie is "just one more cast" :)
schodackbassman
Species: Bass

Post by schodackbassman »

Those are some nice fish. We had similar results Thursday/Friday. Learned a lot about frogging. Link to reports on how we did. Hope to meet sometime.

http://basscatowners.yuku.com/topic/215 ... -Champlain