Bass Fishing North 5/20

Check and share here for the latest Bass fishing reports.
rvq
Species: bass

Bass Fishing North 5/20

Post by rvq »

Finally got out on my home turf in the North lake. Got on the water about 8:30 with no definite sense of where to go , or what to throw. Not only have I not been out, but haven't run into anyone who has either. My partner was in the same position as I. He said your driving the boat so find the fish. Nothing like a challenge. 8-)

We figured the fish would still be shallow, if not up tight to the banks. We went to large flat that ran 2-4 ft deep for a large expanse. I started throwing a small crankbait weith a tight wiggle and my friend was throwing plastics. I didn't take long to find the fish with the crankbait leading the way. He finally switched to a C-rig presentation with a light rig on a spinning set up. That did the trick and he started catching up. We stayed in that area for 3 hrs and caught 30 between us. A mix of LM & SM, but mainly LM.

We went to our second spot and spent 1 1/2 hrs with me still cranking and he C-rigging. After losing my second carank bait to pike in this area, I switched to throwing a Senko. Picked up anothe 15 between us. All fish in less than 5'. Again mostly LM.

The third spot we approached in the same manner as the other two, keeping the depth 2-4'. The only difference was that we both used plastics the whole time. The C-rig outproduced the Senko in numbers and in size. The biggest fish ( several in the 3-3.5) were caught here. I think that the real difference was the water temp. We were in 62-65 in the first two spots, while temps hit 69 in this area. We spent 1 1/2 hrs here and pick up another 20 fish. Again LM dominated.

Got real hot out there about noon time as the breeze went away. About 2:30 we figured we had enough heat and enough fish and headed in. Sorry no pics, but none were impressive enough for display. Definitely a day of quantity over quality. It was great to just be on the water again.

Bob
Brian
Species: fin fish

Re: Bass Fishing North 5/20

Post by Brian »

Very nice Bob! That's my kinda day, shallow and lots of bites. I still can't believe that you hadn't been out yet! Whoa, missed the entire cold water period. A shallow carolina rig eh? Interesting. I discarded all of my mojo rig tackle when the rules changed on lead weights. Maybe It's time to try it again. Good report.
Got bass thumb?
muskytime
Species: Bass/Salmon

Post by muskytime »

Wow that is a fun day of fishing !! :roll:

I had a good day 2 weeks ago in Gander and Goose bay near Missisquoi river, top lure was a buzzbait (clacker).

Last Sunday a was fishing A bay south of Converse for Salmon no bite so I swicth to my friends Bass, no bite at all nothing water was so dark.

I will go for Bass next week-end I wonder if the spawn is done by now ??

Claude ;)
rvq
Species: bass

Post by rvq »

LM spawn not over.
muskytime
Species: Bass/Salmon

Post by muskytime »

Thanks rvq

Claude
NY Ranger
Species: Bass

Post by NY Ranger »

Nice report Bob. Thanks for sharing. Headed up to Ti tomorrow with my father. I too will have a report tomorrow night.

Mike
schodackbassman
Species: Bass

Post by schodackbassman »

Spawns not totally over south either. We caught pre-spawn, spawning, and post spawn LM. Post spawn were hammering the Alewife's. Every one had a alewife tale in it's throat!
Brian
Species: fin fish

Post by Brian »

Just noticing this post has 200 views, 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :shock: :o ;) Some t'ments in town? ;)
Got bass thumb?