The lake flipped

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Thorny

The lake flipped

Post by Thorny »

Colchester reef 1500 yesterday 73 degrees
Colchester reef 1500 today 53 and dropping!
Captain Rob Thorne
Captain Thorny's Fishing Charters
Rcthorne1@aol.com
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Re: The lake flipped

Post by raz »

Irene has stirred up a lot of stuff.
I was out and about, about an hour ago. The inland sea was boiling, mad as all get out. Monster waves like I've never seen on Champlain. Then I went over to Van Tines...it looked like chocolate milk rolling in.
The wind on the islands was horrible...much worse than up here in Fairfax. Trees down, power crews out. A real mess on the islands!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Salmoneye
Species: Fish

Post by Salmoneye »

Figured she'd be upside down...
There was a young man from Nantucket...
vtbass
Species: Bass, Northern Pike, Muskie

Post by vtbass »

Time to put the boat away for the year. The lake was hard enough fishing lately as it was .... now this!
Dockside

Post by Dockside »

70-71 in the sea? I think you need the whole main lake to be around the same temp? Colchester reef is right in fron of the winooski so it gives the least accurate temps, but it does let you know that there is some cold water brining the fish :D
raz
Site Admin

Post by raz »

vtbass wrote:Time to put the boat away for the year. The lake was hard enough fishing lately as it was .... now this!
Oh man, not me. It's way to early. It's only August, granted there's only one more day left to August, but there's a lot of great weather ahead to be out fishing from a boat!
My last trip out last year was December 13, and I know others were out past that!
Gerry
fishingmachine
Species: salmon,Lake trout

Post by fishingmachine »

I'm still waiting for summer,for pete's sake!! Now with the flood,I am out straight fixing oil burners and plumbing stuff and pumping out basements,,,I WILL be back in the water though,,,,later than I want
jollymon

Post by jollymon »

Fished the sea today. Perch and weeds is what I got. There was current ripping through the bridge. Does anyone think the fish will be heading that way? Trying to keep my season going.

Sorry should have posted this on fishing reports. New forum. Which is just great. Sorry about the mis post.
raz
Site Admin

Post by raz »

jollymon wrote:Fished the sea today. Perch and weeds is what I got. There was current ripping through the bridge. Does anyone think the fish will be heading that way? Trying to keep my season going.

Sorry should have posted this on fishing reports. New forum. Which is just great. Sorry about the mis post.
Jolly, Ben and I fished the sea also and the white perch were everywhere. We didn't have a problem with the weeds if we kept east of the bridge and current.

There's fish there and more (salmon) will show up mid? October.
Gerry