Hey all

Share info on fishing Champlain.
CaptSpike
Species: all

Hey all

Post by CaptSpike »

Well I was over the other site and saw the RIP thread and found this link.
To be honest I didn't post a lot at the other site as I really don't get to Champlain that often. It is nice to read about the lake and what people were catching and on what even though I don't fish it much. I enjoy the same at the LOU site. When I have made trips to either lake i have asked questions before and given reports after. Not sure if the lack of posting makes me a Seagull (first I ever heard this term LOL) at either site but if it does then I shall squawk away, lol.

One thing I remember about the other site when I visited was it seemed to be a great site where everyone seemed to get along. One of my buddies who I sent the link to that site agreed. Apparently things have changed, though other than the few threads highlighting the separation with bashing I didn't see any other obvious bashing looking back a couple pages. Anyway...... Trust me I know not everyone on forums will get along.

I do side on free speech and healthy discussions as long as personal attacks are left out.

Anyway I have signed up and will continue to monitor this site and enjoy it as I do so many others. The internet is a great tool.

Looking forward to reading some fish reports now.

Spike
plantstone

Re: Hey all

Post by plantstone »

Thanks for the Hello. As fall rolls in those reports should be getting better and better. Check us often.

Forrest
Wallyandre (Andre)
Species: salmon, SM, walleyes

Post by Wallyandre (Andre) »

Welcome on LCU Capt.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Great to have you aboard Capt.
We'll try to get some reports for you to read. Hope you can make it to Champlain to wet a line or two!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
dreamcatcher
Species: Champlain Fishes

Post by dreamcatcher »

Thanks for stopping in Capt. Stick around the reports will get better! :)
KEN K.
Thorny

Post by Thorny »

Hi Spike
Glad you stopped by LCU. Both sites are well worth visiting. I look forward to your reports when you are on the lake. Be sure to stop by either site for a heads up before you come. If I remember correctly, you also fish Winny and some Saltwater. Feel free to occasionally share some of your other trips with us. We love a good report from some where different once in a while.
Thorny
Captain Rob Thorne
Captain Thorny's Fishing Charters
Rcthorne1@aol.com
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Welcome aboard Capt'
Matt B
CaptSpike
Species: all

Post by CaptSpike »

Thorny wrote:Hi Spike
Glad you stopped by LCU. Both sites are well worth visiting. I look forward to your reports when you are on the lake. Be sure to stop by either site for a heads up before you come. If I remember correctly, you also fish Winny and some Saltwater. Feel free to occasionally share some of your other trips with us. We love a good report from some where different once in a while.
Thorny
Good memory Thorny. I thank everyone for the warm welcome and will share what I can.
Now for a question that I had been meaning to ask but never did. On a trip to Champlain we were on RT@ I think heading from Ben's to Apple Island campground. On the left side of the road were a bunch of power line poles and on each pole there seemed to be a nest. What type of bird was in those nests? I was guessing maybe Eagles but not sure. We did see a bunch of nests but didn't take the time to explore and find out exactly what they were. Too much quality fishing that needed been done, lol.

Spike
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Capt' It is Rt 2 and they are Osprey Nests... Huge birds, and lots of fun to watch them feed babies up there....
Matt B