new building

Share info on fishing Champlain.
On The Job (mike)
Species: all varieties

new building

Post by On The Job (mike) »

noticed a little building being built on the apple island marina parking lot in south hero.was wondering if the land was sold or what it might be used for. :?:
Sea Hare
Species: all species

Re: new building

Post by Sea Hare »

I checked out the little structure that's being built there as we were leaving the launch area yesterday. It would appear to be one of those Welcome center tourist information kind of things. As I understand it, the state is taking over the control of the launch area and parking lot. The last couple of times I've been there, nobody has tried to get money for parking as they did all summer. If the state does take it over, I hope they at least gravel the parking field. It can get pretty muddy and slippery at times.

:) BB
It's not just a unit of measure !
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

That would be a big win for the fisherman who use that access. Hope that is true.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

I thought it was a shed for Thornys new boat.
JK47
Species: All Species

Post by JK47 »

Marilyn was collecting money last weekend. Where did you hear the state was taking this launch over?

That's new news to me and I've been following it close.

It would be a very odd location for a visitor center since it's the main outlet for the ramp parking
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Reelax wrote:I thought it was a shed for Thornys new boat.
:mrgreen:
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
northernnightmare
Species: the finned variety

Post by northernnightmare »

I went by it yesterday and it sure looks to me like it's gonna be a restroom, 2 holer at that.
OKRA II Not just a Veggie!!
JK47

Post by JK47 »

northernnightmare wrote:I went by it yesterday and it sure looks to me like it's gonna be a restroom, 2 holer at that.

Very interesting.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

northernnightmare wrote:I went by it yesterday and it sure looks to me like it's gonna be a restroom, 2 holer at that.
I hope there's a partition between the holes!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
northernnightmare
Species: the finned variety

Post by northernnightmare »

might even be real terlets. looks fancy.
OKRA II Not just a Veggie!!
Thorny

Post by Thorny »

Nothing official to announce on the proposed ramp yet. Keep your fingers crossed and we might just see a greatly improved Sate Ramp sooner than you think!
Captain Rob Thorne
Captain Thorny's Fishing Charters
Rcthorne1@aol.com
fishmaster176
Species: anything with a fin

Post by fishmaster176 »

Marilyn is probably setting up a better place to collect fees. I'd rather have her spend money fixing her ramp. Her launch, her choice. The other ramp is great, but the parking..... I guess I'm too lazy to walk over to his parking lot.
State launch? Great concept.
JK47

Post by JK47 »

Marco owns the field. Marilyn owns the ramp only.

I'm just reply surprised nobody here has heard a thing. I'm at the launch every week and yesterday as the first I heard it might be a state project.
Cas
Species: the kind that swim

Post by Cas »

JK47 -

There was a hearing/meeting in South Hero, I believe, about the potential of the state purchasing the land and making it a public launch site. I wasn't able to attend the meeting, but from what I heard, there was a fair amount of opposition from the residents, mainly I believe from those that live right near it, and what it would do to traffic there, concerns that it would turn in to a Mallet's Bay type of area, very busy, etc.

Nothing is finalized, but the concept is being addressed by the state as having potential.
________
Mike
JK47

Post by JK47 »

Cas wrote:JK47 -

There was a hearing/meeting in South Hero, I believe, about the potential of the state purchasing the land and making it a public launch site. I wasn't able to attend the meeting, but from what I heard, there was a fair amount of opposition from the residents, mainly I believe from those that live right near it, and what it would do to traffic there, concerns that it would turn in to a Mallet's Bay type of area, very busy, etc.

Nothing is finalized, but the concept is being addressed by the state as having potential.

Cas, that was my point. They held the meeting. Opposition was heavy and I was surprised to see the ground dug up already.