Non-Ethanol Gas

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Hawkeye
Species: salmon

Non-Ethanol Gas

Post by Hawkeye »

Sorry to report that our local supply of non ethanol gas is gone!

I stopped at Go Go gas in Essex today they said there was no more non ethanol gas but they might get it back in the spring.
I noticed tonight out here in Colchester that the non-ethanol gas sign was taken down at the Maverick gas station across from Dick Mazzas Store out here in Malletts Bay. Since they are both supplied by Champlain oil I suspect that they stopped the supply to all their stations.

:-[
digitroll (ron)

Re: Non-Ethanol Gas

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Sorry to hear that Bob. I made a decision 4 years ago to switch to Ethanol due to the fact when we make our Spring Bar trip you can't get it out there where we are fishing. The worst scenario is having to mix the two and keep switching back and forth. I have not had any fuel related issues due to the ethanol. I treat it with ethanol fuel treatments every fill up. 600 plus hours on the engine on the clock since the switch. I am not thrilled about ethanol, but even less about switching every time the plug is pulled on non-ethanol (that just ain't right).
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

I think it's been three years since non-ethanol gasoline was in my boat.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Sea Hare
Species: all species

Post by Sea Hare »

Since I've been using products like Sta-Bil, k-100 etc. with the ethanol gas, I haven't noticed any difference at all. I have two motors, one 4 stroke and a two stroke. If you can't depend on a supply of non-ethanol gas, you may as well make the switch.

:) BB
It's not just a unit of measure !
fishmaster176
Species: anything with a fin

Post by fishmaster176 »

I haven't had issues with anything with a palstic tank, but metal.... Oh boy!!!
I noticed the signs removed in the Bay and bummed. I believe the Bay was premium fuel which I was going to use in my vintage snowmachines. A 775 TNT doesn't like ethanol and the premium even needs a little boost.