2021 Frostbite Fleet Salmon Shootout Announcement

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Re: 2021 Frostbite Fleet Salmon Shootout Announcement

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Surprise wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:22 am The Border is to be open for travel this Early November.
Hopefully it's in time for the Shootout.
None the less we will be able to again fish with our friends from the North. :D
Won't be able to make it again this year :(
Border only opening Nov 8th.
We will still be required to show proof of vaccination and have a negative test prior to crossing and returning.
It's not worth the cost and hassle for a day's or weekend trip.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Post by Surprise »

Damn... :x

Well, we will have a open seat anytime you fellows can join us :D
Fish On!
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Too bad Gerry. When things improve ie. crossing without a test I look forward to getting you and Andre back on my vessel. 2021 we have seen a lot of quality fish netted and released to get bigger. We might have a Vermont state Volleyball final for my daughter time TBD on Shoot Out day. She is a senior at Essex.
Gecha (Gerry)

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Thanks Randy and Don for the invitation.
We look forward being able to fish Champlain hopefully next spring.
In the meanwhile, we have fun chasing walleyes near home.
finsntins
Species: salmon

Post by finsntins »

just booked a room at the lakeside motel in westport,89 bucks a night and the launch is 50' from the motel.the owner said there are still rooms available for shootout weekend.518-962-4501.we will be staying there both friday and saturday night and will be having a bbq and drinks both nights,so anyone else planning on staying there,let me know so we bring enough food for everyone!!!!!
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing
jusgrinnin
Species: warm&cold

Post by jusgrinnin »

Say hi to Jane for me!
Gecha (Gerry)

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

finsntins wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:41 pm just booked a room at the lakeside motel in westport,89 bucks a night and the launch is 50' from the motel.the owner said there are still rooms available for shootout weekend.518-962-4501.we will be staying there both friday and saturday night and will be having a bbq and drinks both nights,so anyone else planning on staying there,let me know so we bring enough food for everyone!!!!!
Thanks Jason for the info.
Always good to hear of a nice affordable place to stay for a fishing trip.
finsntins
Species: salmon

Post by finsntins »

sorry to hear that you cant make the shootout this year gerry thanks to bozo biden and the never ending scamdemic.hopefully the weather stays nice and warm and you can make it down before winter settles in.
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing
Chazycuda
Species: Salmon, trout

Post by Chazycuda »

Unfortunately I will not be up for the frostbite shootout but it sounds like a good time! I’ll be out tomorrow morning in the IS - (it’s going to be chilly) have the salmon been active? I picked up a fishhawk TD to target water temps.
Good luck out there everyone!
Detritus
Species: Anything we can catch

Post by Detritus »

The Country Angler will be trying to make it this year, hopefully we don't have any other prior obligations. That boat has only seen the water once since the LCI, and all we did was lose a whole bunch of gear when we snagged a rigger ball a few weeks ago. No fish.

But, we'll be out there this coming Sunday morning, probably Thompson's area. Got two other friends going out in their boats as well, Dilly Worm on his boat, another friend on his boat, and Wabbler on mine as well. These guys were all coaches on the Bass Fishing team in Vergennes this year. Lots of fun was had this season.

Hit us up on 68 if you're out there.
"Country Angler" - '93 Trophy 2002 - Cold water boat
"Strike Three" - '04 Triton SF21 - Warm water boat
"The Dumpster" - '90 Starcraft SF14 - Camping Boat

Jack
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Detritus wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:22 pm The Country Angler will be trying to make it this year, hopefully we don't have any other prior obligations. That boat has only seen the water once since the LCI, and all we did was lose a whole bunch of gear when we snagged a rigger ball a few weeks ago. No fish.

But, we'll be out there this coming Sunday morning, probably Thompson's area. Got two other friends going out in their boats as well, Dilly Worm on his boat, another friend on his boat, and Wabbler on mine as well. These guys were all coaches on the Bass Fishing team in Vergennes this year. Lots of fun was had this season.

Good luck Jack.. from the what I saw yesterday set your 1st ball at 75down and out the rest below that:(

Wow the lake is warm!
Matt B
Detritus
Species: Anything we can catch

Post by Detritus »

Reelax wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:14 am
Detritus wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:22 pm The Country Angler will be trying to make it this year, hopefully we don't have any other prior obligations. That boat has only seen the water once since the LCI, and all we did was lose a whole bunch of gear when we snagged a rigger ball a few weeks ago. No fish.

Good luck Jack.. from the what I saw yesterday set your 1st ball at 75down and out the rest below that:(

Wow the lake is warm!
Thanks Matt,

Yeah, anybody that goes after these species in the next few weeks is going to need it to catch anything out there I'm afraid. We had 59 degrees at 95 feet, consistently, everywhere we went. Marked most fish well below 100'. It's hard fishing that deep, and dangerous for the lakers, and pretty much a death sentence for the white and yellow perch that might bite.

I've got some pictures for a fishing report, but, it's more of a breakfast and lure washing party report. We're on the fence right now about the shootout. We've got stuff we're supposed to do Saturday morning, but, I'll talk to the boys and see which one they want to do. It may be that we just do our morning obligations, and launch the boat and meet up for the Pot Luck. Would like to meet guys in person who we haven't yet, and see the others we haven't in a while.
"Country Angler" - '93 Trophy 2002 - Cold water boat
"Strike Three" - '04 Triton SF21 - Warm water boat
"The Dumpster" - '90 Starcraft SF14 - Camping Boat

Jack
Cas
Species: the kind that swim

Post by Cas »

Have fun and good luck to all. I've got some pretty stiff steering, and wasn't able to replace it this fall, and I'm thinking steering that's stiff in August is probably not wise to continue using into November's colder weather, so I'll be winterized. Have fun out there.
________
Mike
Surprise

Post by Surprise »

Shootout Trophy is Back in the House

Can't say that Todd "Crazy Ivan" wanted to part with the trophy he has held and admired as a steward for two years
To add insult to injury Ivan cannot reclaim this prize this year due to work demands :cry:

It's an open field to get your name engraved in perpetuity and be added with others that were the "Best" of the "Best" of Salmon fishers .

It looks to be a temperate but challenging fishing day. It will be no Challenge to Chow down and enjoy some fine company and food at the Barbecue after not celebrating last year. :D.

We will miss those not able to join us this year and wish you all to stay healthy and for those recovering we look forward to our reunion celebrating sport again in the future.

We have a special surprise to be be announced at the weigh in and encourage anyone out "Fully Vaccinated" to come in and participate.

It has been a warm freaky fall setup with everything running a bit late from normal but word has it that the hatchery in Grand Isle has had of today 120 salmon return to the trap there. This 10.2 lb 30 inch male was trapped in the Missisquoi

Best luck to all Fishing starts at Sunrise 7:30 AM . Don't be one minute late with your entry to be weighed at
1:00PM

Please introduce yourself and say HI!

Randy "Surprise"
Fish On!
Surprise

Post by Surprise »

Fish On!