Converse Launch condition

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Mike8484
Species: Trout

Converse Launch condition

Post by Mike8484 »

Anyone launch out of Converse recently? Is the launch still usable? I know the water was pretty low and the area surrounding the dock was 1-3 feet deep. Made for some tight maneuvering? If it isn't usable what launch would you all suggest to fish that area on the Vermont side?
AmFishFil Thinking
Species: Trout, Salmon, Bass, Pike, Per

Re: Converse Launch condition

Post by AmFishFil Thinking »

I used it on Saturday and it was fine. However, I only have a 17.5' Lund. After you launch, there is enough water right at the launch to turn around. Then, head straight out toward the first mooring and go almost to that mooring before turning to starboard. Then, turn starboard toward the middle of the bay and big lake. If you turn too early toward the big lake, there is trouble with shallow water.
FishPole Thinking
Mike8484
Species: Trout

Re: Converse Launch condition

Post by Mike8484 »

Thanks for the heads up amFishFil! I launched on Wed and did fine. Skinny water all around the launch that may have been tricky with wind but was pretty straight forward. I was in a 17.5' Lund Adventure. I did see some giant carp coming out of the launch. At first I thought they may have been sheepshead but confirmed they were carp. I wonder if anyone fishes for them around that area? After seeing how big they were I may give it a go.