Hi everyone

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Fishracker17
Species: Trout/salmon

Hi everyone

Post by Fishracker17 »

Just wanted to say hi to everyone as I'm new here! This is my first season giving Champlain a legitimate shot, and I gotta say she hasn't disappointed!! I've had a bunch of days where I lost count of how many fish I put in the boat. My trolling background comes from the Adks lakes and Lake Ontario and those tough lakes to fish has really prepared me for Champlain as these fish are definitely size and color dependent, get it right and make the proper adjustments and she'll reward you mightily. I've been launching from Wilsboro bay so I'm sure some of you have seen me, I have a 17ft bass tracker all rigged up, if you see the green rods trees give a yell! I'm usually alone, also I saw in the regs that its 2 rods per angler and not 3 that's correct? Tight lines and enjoy
Scalloper
Species: Salmon/Bluefin Tuna

Re: Hi everyone

Post by Scalloper »

I also plan of fishing Champlain in the future. I fish most all of Maine mainly Downeast and a few trips to Lake Ontario. I have landed 190 salmon so far this season but I have my sights set on a landloc 6lbs+. Good luck this summer.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Welcome to the forum Fishracker17 and Scalloper.
Best place to share fishing experience with friendly members.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

Welcome! And in answer to your question, YES, 2 rods not 3 on Champlain. Scalloper, this is the year for a 6+ LL! Numbers aren't great, but BIG fish this season!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Welcome aboard and thanks for introducing your self... Good luck and please share pics, we love fish pics!
Matt B
Scalloper
Species: Salmon/Bluefin Tuna

Post by Scalloper »

TUnamas wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:08 pm Welcome! And in answer to your question, YES, 2 rods not 3 on Champlain. Scalloper, this is the year for a 6+ LL! Numbers aren't great, but BIG fish this season!
Wow, thats great. Now I need to make a plan. I had planned on a week on Lake O but all reports its been very slow. And to be honest I am more into Atlantics (landlocked) then any other species so maybe Champlain would be a better option.
wyattsflys
Species: Salmon

Post by wyattsflys »

I'm very excited to fish Champlain this year. Good results in my 20' Lund Sport Angler few weeks ago out of launch ay Converse bay. All Lakers, but had some big LL's jumping around us. I guide on Winnipesaukee an we're sparse on LL's w/some nice 5&6 year old fish to be caught. Fishing this coming Wednesday w/3rd Alarm Charters. Hoping for some Silver LL's!
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

You will have a good time fishing with Capt Matt Trombley from 3rd Alarm Charters.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)