Thanks Greenhorn!

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Mike8484
Species: Trout

Thanks Greenhorn!

Post by Mike8484 »

My name is Mike and I met you early morning of the DYP on the boat dock. I just wanted to reach out to thank you for a couple of things. First off, for putting together the DYP. Because of that event I have gone out fishing with Kyle a couple of times and have netted some great fish including a multi-species day for the DYP (smallmouth, pike, perch, largemouth and smallmouth). When Kyle heard I hadn't netted a Champlain smallie we scooted over to the shoreline and got on some fish. I also wanted to thank you for the print. I sadly, was unable to make the Converse BBQ. It was a bummer but I was shocked to hear I had won the salmon print. What an awesome way to commemorate my first fish. Because of the DYP and meeting Kyle he helped me gain a huge amount of knowledge. As a non boat having angler he provided a wealth of knowledge. Now the GREAT news.

I was able to finally land my dream boat. It's a 1999 Lund 17 Adventure Sport Pro. Now, she has some years on her and the carpet/vinyl shows but I think she is gonna be real fishy. With a 90hp main and a 9hp kicker I can't wait to get her on a shakedown. Kyle has been helping me every step of the way with all of my questions. The long and short of it is that I wouldn't have know Kyle had it not been for the DYP tourney YOU put together. I really appreciate you and hope to cross paths again on the water or on land soon.

PS I'd send ya a pick of the boat but I have no idea how to attach a picture on this forum. If you want send me your email and I'll forward it along.
TUnamas

Re: Thanks Greenhorn!

Post by TUnamas »

Awesome! See you on the water! Lund color? VHF Radio? We'll be in touch!
Mike8484
Species: Trout

Post by Mike8484 »

Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

This is the magic of the DYP...

I met Andy, Riverrat years ago in the DYP aboard Reelax. While we didn’t win, we have formed a life long friendship that has lead to us fishing the Rotary this year and also the LCI together with Controlled Caos...

Fishing on!
Matt B
Greenhorn
Species: Anything with gills

Post by Greenhorn »

Thanks for the kind words Mike. Matt is right, that is the magic of the DYP. I have met some great individuals through this derby. Enjoy the salmon print. I thought it very appropriate for this derby.

Congratulations on finding a great looking Lund. You did well to find that boat in this market. I am confident you will have many hours of fun chasing fish up here in the Northeast. Plenty of lake, plenty of species, and great numbers of fish. The great thing is it never gets old. There is always more to learn.

Tight Lines!!
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Mike8484 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:10 pm https://imgur.com/a/j01Nkc7
Nice boat. Looks in pretty good condition too. You will enjoy the 2 large screens.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)