New Cannon Downriggers?

Share info on fishing Champlain.
pfu
Species: Cold and warm species

New Cannon Downriggers?

Post by pfu »

Entertaining new Cannon downriggers. Current devices are older vintage (16+ years old) and still function but the option of faster up/down speeds and other functionality is almost too much to overlook. Not willing to spend over $750 each as most of the tournament devices are way over my needs. Anyone know if any of the newer Cannon’s will work on the older low profile swivel bases? Hate thought of new holes in the boat! Suggestions or comments?
TUnamas

Re: New Cannon Downriggers?

Post by TUnamas »

I wish I knew the answer and could help you. I'm still fishing Cannon manuals to over 100 feet (but it's good exercise and it keeps me fresh when tasked as "grinder" when sail racing).
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

IMHO once you use Scotty’s you will never use another brand. 1116 pro pack. 575$ anchor express. Best rigger for $ hands down.

I have 2 more ordered now....

8-)
Matt B
pfu
Species: Cold and warm species

Post by pfu »

I have never used the Scotty’s but hear they take more space which is often a premium. Open to them but appears hard to get any downriggers at this time? Everything is out of stock...
finsntins
Species: salmon

Post by finsntins »

check out cannonfactoryoutletstore.com they usually have the best prices with free shipping.if you can get away with a 2' boom,the mag 5 is the way to go,comes with dual axis rod holder,250' of cable,release and a fixed base,which should screw to your swivel base.400 bucks.the mag 10 comes with swivel base and cover for 540 bucks.unfortanetly it looks like theres a nation wide backorder till mid june.both riggers come with positve ion control and short stop
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing