DYP Drawing Results

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: DYP Drawing Results

Post by Reelax »

I think if your not fishing in the DYP and want to join the BBQ, just bring anything to share and join the party. Any chance to meet fellow forum
Members is always great!

I’m going to bring my grill and cook 60 or so Mackenzie hot dogs for the group... it’s really the only thing I can cook in that kind of volume without grease and flame issues...

As far as I know there are No grills at the converse launch...

Can’t wait, Saturday weather should be ok, but we always have Sunday:)
Matt B
Detritus
Species: Anything we can catch

Post by Detritus »

I just found this thread a few minutes ago. I guess finding forum threads is much like finding fish for me.

I for one definately like the idea of having access to some sort if leaderboard information. We don't mind keeping a fish, but, I would rather not stress undersized salmon out by keeping them in the live well while we culled them. If we knew the fish had to be "whatever" wight, we could just weigh them, and send them back down. I think I've heard them announcing stuff over the VHF during the LCI, but maybe that was my imagination.

We'll be at the weigh in until 3:00, but, weve got the boys' Grandmother coming up from New Jersey for the first time since July or so. We can't fool around all afternoon, but, we are looking foreward to meeting the people we haven't yet. Were planning on eating breakfast and lunch on the water as well, we'll bring something to leave behind if we eat anybody else's food. Maybe a nice big fresh caught Sheephead.

sheephead.jpg
sheephead.jpg (70.41 KiB) Viewed 656 times

Liam caught this guy with 0 minutes to go our last fishing trip. Brody says he's editing the footage from that trip for another video fishing report. I'm going to have to get after that kid, let's get it done!

Also, is it a bad thing to tell you guys how big our fish is if over the radio? I do'nt mind keeping it quiet either, but, as you all know, quiet isn't something that comes naturally to the crew of the Country Angler. We have to work at it.
"Country Angler" - '93 Trophy 2002 - Cold water boat
"Strike Three" - '04 Triton SF21 - Warm water boat
"The Dumpster" - '90 Starcraft SF14 - Camping Boat

Jack
Greenhorn
Species: Anything with gills

Post by Greenhorn »

Hi Jack. The radio won't reach everyone. If you want to check in for the leading fish, you can text me and I will share the size of the leading fish, at least what fishermen have been willing to share with me. I won't share the leading team, but will share the leading size. You can call/text me at (603) 477-7864.

I am planning to keep Saturday as the derby day. There may be a little rain, but that is typically good for salmon fishing. Please use common sense and safety protocol if a thunderstorm happens to role through. I think the chances are small, but be prepared. If there is lightning, consider bringing in your rods and maybe your radio antenna until the lightning passes by.

As I mentioned earlier, I have a salmon print to give away and a small momento I made for the kids after the derby. Looking forward to the derby and the BBQ.

I'm looking forward to the next video show from Liam. Keep up the awesome work guys.