DYP sign up

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Greenhorn
Species: Anything with gills

DYP sign up

Post by Greenhorn »

Well, it is official. We have the permit in hand for the DYP on May 22nd with a rain date of May 23rd. It would be great if we could field 10 teams, so spread the word and let's resume the DYP! Please sign up by clicking "Home" above:
and then clicking on "derbies" and then "Draw Your Partner Derby". You will find the sign up sheet at the bottom of the page.

I am planning to draw the teams on April 30th or May 1st. I will be traveling around that time, so I may have to do it by Zoom or find a group of guys from the forum that would be willing to draw the teams at some place convenient.

For those that are not familiar with the DYP, I will explain. DYP stands for Draw Your Partner. You can sign up with or without a boat. The names of those signing up without a boat go in one hat, and the names of those signing up with a boat go in a different hat. One name at a time is drawn from each hat and those two people are paired up as a team. You can launch from anywhere on Lake Champlain in the AM, but you must be at the Converse Bay launch by 2:00 to weigh in your fish. The heaviest salmon wins. In the event of a tie, the longer fish will win. If they both are the same length, the first fish weighed in will be the winning team. The winning team gets a plaque and an engraved name tag will be made and be mounted on the plaque. Each team member will receive a plaque to hold until the next DYP. There will be a barbecue at the Converse Bay launch after the derby. If you plan to stay for the barbecue, please bring something to share with the group. I realize there are concerns around Covid. Some may choose not to participate while others are more comfortable with this type of activity.
homewrecker
Species: salmon,mermaids

Re: DYP sign up

Post by homewrecker »

Still can’t seem to get to the derby section to sign up but I am in with a boat I am due!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

I am in with Boat also, unless you can pair me with Ben and that new Lund... I really wanna check it out!
Matt B
Fish_Stalker
Species: any

Post by Fish_Stalker »

Reelax wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:12 pm I am in with Boat also, unless you can pair me with Ben and that new Lund... I really wanna check it out!
:lol:
Smelt_seeker
Species: Salmon

Post by Smelt_seeker »

I tried to sign up but I get a page saying sites under construction.
Kyle smith
Crayfish
Species: All of them

Post by Crayfish »

Kyle, that's where you want to be. Look for "Derbies" in the top / middle of the page and you'll see "Draw Your Partner" in the dropdown.

Greenhorn ... I signed up "with boat", but I will gladly jump on with someone else if need be.

Thanks!
Mike8484
Species: Trout

Post by Mike8484 »

Signed up and pumped for the DYP!
Greenhorn
Species: Anything with gills

Post by Greenhorn »

Got it Crayfish. Thanks for being flexable. Kyle, are you all set?
Smelt_seeker
Species: Salmon

Post by Smelt_seeker »

Greenhorn wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:41 pm Got it Crayfish. Thanks for being flexable. Kyle, are you all set?

Submitted thanks. I was missing the menu button. I am also flexible boater or non boater.
Kyle smith
AmFishFil Thinking
Species: Trout, Salmon, Bass, Pike, Per

Post by AmFishFil Thinking »

I signed up with a boat. I am new to down rigging trout salmon fishing. New equipment. Would love an experienced and fun non-boater.
FishPole Thinking
homewrecker
Species: salmon,mermaids

Post by homewrecker »

homewrecker wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:18 am Still can’t seem to get to the derby section to sign up but I am in with a boat I am due!
Finally figured it out in in with the H5!
Ludo
Species: Salmon, salmon and trout

Post by Ludo »

Here's the link to sign up :

https://forms.gle/Hy5iWTHdwCZztYUh9

The LCU site will be up again soon
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »