Replacing that old clunky big Q-Beam spotlight with a smaller LED rechargeable spotlight

Share info on fishing Champlain.
digitroll (ron)

Replacing that old clunky big Q-Beam spotlight with a smaller LED rechargeable spotlight

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Doing the afternoon shift to early dark at 4:40 pm sunset two days in a row late last week made me realize with the LED and rechargeable Lithium Battery spotlight choices out there it was time to cut the long cord on my large outdated 12 volt plug in spotlight. Found this one for $46 on Amazon with 6,000 Lumens and 3 adjustments for the beam. Plus a side light with flashing colors for an Emergency Beacon. No fussing in the cabin to plug it in in the dark now and long coiled cord. Similar to when I shortened my 15 ft wash down coiled hose to 5 ft. Bliss!

Received it two days after ordering with Amazon Prime last night. Fantastic!

Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Re: Replacing that old clunky big Q-Beam spotlight with a smaller LED rechargeable spotlight

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Great upgrade.
Take a walk outside tonight and test it. Check the quality of the beam and how long it will stay on. You will love it for years.
I bought a Stanley "Fat Max" LED rechargeable USB spotlight a few years ago and very happy with it. It could sit on a shelf for weeks without loosing its charge.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
digitroll (ron)

Re: Replacing that old clunky big Q-Beam spotlight with a smaller LED rechargeable spotlight

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Gerry,

I did test it in the back yard last night. Pretty amazing. I also will use it to charge of my large mag Silverstreak / Moonshine glow lures in Ontario at sunrise for kings. LED / Lithium rechargeable battery is the way to go!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Just don’t touch that baby off in the direction of anyone’s Open eyes in the cabin before daylight..lol. LED really is a game changer as is Lithium Ion batteries. Cold weather operation with long run times are amazing these days!!!!
Matt B
striper192001
Species: salmon

Post by striper192001 »

Looks like a great option for finding that deer after you have released that arrow at dusk !