Keeping your boat floor clean and extending it's life

Share info on fishing Champlain.
digitroll (ron)

Keeping your boat floor clean and extending it's life

Post by digitroll (ron) »

As my season has been done for 2 weeks waiting for late March or early April today I was thinking about a certain trip with Wally Andre last year. It was a memorable trip in August catching salmon and steelhead off Basin Harbor. One interesting thing about having different guests on my boat or vice versa is the sharing of information and observations. Andre noticed in year 7 of my 2013 that the floor looked like new and it was still grippy and not worn smooth from a lot of traffic and use.

With my season over at year 8 I have accumulated 1,700 hrs on my Fishmaster. Launching at Converse where it's not paved in the staging (Parking area) above there can be a lot of small tiny stones / sand on shoes brought into the boat. I vacuum this area about every 2-3 trips and then finish by mopping with a rag and bucket to get the leftover stuff plus the dirty haze from traffic. This helps in preventing the stones and sand from grinding and wearing the grippy floor to the point it's visibly smooth and slippery from foot traffic. 1,700 hrs after year 8 is probably the equivalent of 25 years for the average fisherman. Selling boats for 14 years I have seen plenty of used fishing boats come in with very visible worn floors for us to sell on consignment or in for service.

I also pressure wash it 2-3 times a year in addition. Reminds me of the old expression "about eating off a floor" LOL

striper192001
Species: salmon

Re: Keeping your boat floor clean and extending it's life

Post by striper192001 »

Appreciate the info Ron.........
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Attention to detail!
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Ron, your boat is in Show Room condition, with many functional additions. A real gem.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)