Roemar Winger

Share info on fishing Champlain.
digitroll (ron)

Roemar Winger

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Tested these with the cannonball snubber accessory attached recently. Pretty impressed for our side riggers! Looking forward to 2021 when were fishing 4 riggers with this option to keep separation and make tight turns to spin around on active fish!

nhjim
Species: coldwater

Re: Roemar Winger

Post by nhjim »

how hard do you feel they pulled on rigger sideways in a turn especially? i have an average 16' that's not real wide. Have run 4 riggers early when fishing shallow but have issues when we start dropping deeper. always wondered about these.jim
digitroll (ron)

Early stages.. Not certain but liked what I observed with the snubbers attached on Wednesday. I didn't observe them on turns to be fair. We were running them at 2.5 mph from 55-70 feet. Didn't seem to go out far in a straight line but thats ok with me! Anything that creates more distance is a plus. It's a work in progress but they have been around a long time and have had great testimonials.
digitroll (ron)

The owner told me on the phone you get better performance out of your Wingers with the Snubber attached to the weight and winger. He is a charter captain. I really like their version of a downrigger weight snubber.