Fender / Dock Line / Wash Down Hose Ideas to minimize space and time saved at the dock.

Share info on fishing Champlain.
digitroll (ron)

Fender / Dock Line / Wash Down Hose Ideas to minimize space and time saved at the dock.

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Under 2 minute video made this am with some ideas to make things a bit easier with dock lines / boat fenders / Wash down hose:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_PnG0eeXOw&t=1s
Wallyandre (Andre)
Species: salmon, SM, walleyes

Re: Fender / Dock Line / Wash Down Hose Ideas to minimize space and time saved at the dock.

Post by Wallyandre (Andre) »

I like the idea of the hose
digitroll (ron)

Re: Fender / Dock Line / Wash Down Hose Ideas to minimize space and time saved at the dock.

There awesome Andre!

5 ft Flexible wash down hose test:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oteaC7T5L10

striper192001
Species: salmon

Post by striper192001 »

Thanks so much Ron. Did you install that wash down or is that OEM ?
Thanks again.......John
digitroll (ron)

The wash down comes standard with the Fishmaster series. I just never liked the length and size of the coiled hose. Only need 5 ft. I think the OEM can stretch to 12-15 feet. Overkill. I searched and couldn't find anything less than 15 ft. The expandable hose cut down to 5 feet works perfect with room to stretch to wash down the rear of the boat or the floor as well. Thanks John!

striper192001
Species: salmon

Post by striper192001 »

That washdown is a great feature ! thanks again for the tips !
digitroll (ron)

These Bungee dock lines are amazing. I just ordered two more for the other side of the boat. I just leave them on. The wash down hose has been flawless too!

Yesterday solo out of Converse:

ReelInvestment
Species: Salmon/lake trout

Post by ReelInvestment »

Ron I’ve been looking into the 196 a little bit. How many feet of deck would you say you have between the back curtain and the splash well? It’s hard to tell from pictures thanks!
digitroll (ron)

29" from back curtain to Splash well. 41" from cutout to back curtain. If you go with the bigger Fishmaster 210 you will get 2 more feet in this area if your looking for a larger area here. I think the high cut-out design is a big help to net and release fish as it puts you safely closer to the water and having the cushioned back to keep you from falling in the lake. 90% of bowriders are "Multi-Specie design" meaning an open back and low raised deck. What makes this boat unique is the back is closed off keeping passengers safe at all times and keeping waves out of the back of the boat that sometimes splash into your transom if people are standing in the back reeling and netting a fish in a big following sea. My former 19 ft Sea Nymph (Fly Guy owns) had the same design of a high back. This design has appealed to me since 1984 for trolling Ontario and here. Essentially a big water boat that is trolling specific.

Top view:

ReelInvestment
Species: Salmon/lake trout

Post by ReelInvestment »

Thanks Ron! Just trying to check out what’s out there. I’ve also loved the high back boats for the same reasons you do. I like my Starcraft islander a lot, I’d just like to get away from the I/O to extend my frostbite season.
digitroll (ron)

Adding these flat dock fenders and using the bungie's to hold the boat on the dock has been fantastic these last few months! Also the 5 ft wash down collapsable hose has really increased the space on the transom vs. the old 15 ft coiled hard plastic hose that came with the boat. 3 very significant changes this Fall that made a big improvements for me.

Small changes for 2020:

Grab handles (port and starboard) on back of transom to climb in boat.
Collapsable ladder that is portable for kids to tube getting out of water.
Backup camera for boat when trailering.
Dock Bungie's
Flat Fenders
5 ft wash down collapsable hose and hanger
Wingers for side riggers.
Plastic planter high sided box to measure fish and take photos and releasing fish.
Go Pro camera with hat accessory for on demand use when landing fish. (Hat keeps camera always 30 degrees looking forward hands free when filming off back of boat)
The Boat loop pole for docking. Try next season when the dock are in. Just received it this past week.