IMPORTANT....LAMOILLE R SEA LAMPREY CONTROL

Share info on fishing Champlain.
popster
Species: Salmo Salar Sebago

IMPORTANT....LAMOILLE R SEA LAMPREY CONTROL

Post by popster »

The LAMOILLE RIVER, as well as the Mississquoi, LaPlatte and Winooski are all slated for Sea Lamprey treatment this fall.

It is extremely important that we anglers come together NOW and show support for the ongoing Sea Lamprey treatment of the Lamoille River.

The VT Agency of Natural Resources, Dept of Environmental Conservation is NOW accepting public comment and this is our opportunity to show our stance on this ongoing issue. The public comment period ends in 11 days, on Sept 30. 

Andrew Milliken, Brad Young and their entire USFW team has been doing an amazing job in treating the Lamprey-infested waters of Champlain and this MUST continue in order to maintain the quality fisheries program that we have.

Let's show how strong this Forum is. Our voices need to be heard NOW.

The comments can be made through the following link. Once there, click "COMMENT". No need to fill out anything else on the form, other than your comments. Easy

https://enb.vermont.gov/?id=7727
Bill
"POINTER"
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Re: IMPORTANT....LAMOILLE R SEA LAMPREY CONTROL

Post by Surprise »

It's done Bill. Thanks for the Heads-up

What I posted:.

" Hello,

As a 68 year old lifelong resident of Vergennes/Waltham Vt. I have enjoyed fishing the waters of Lake Champlain. The current Lamprey program headed by the USF&W with Vermont and New York have made Lake Champlain a World Class Cold Water Fishery. It has allowed the restoration of the endangered native lake sturgeon and relieved pressure on other species that had been lamprey hit in the past This unique fishery is second to none drawing fishermen from many states and Canada. The cost benefit to the economy and jobs is most important to continuing this program. Please continue this valuable work.

Thank You, Randy Colomb"

Fish On!
popster
Species: Salmo Salar Sebago

Post by popster »

I received this acknowledgement immediately from VT Agency of Natural Resources after submitting a comment:

Thank you for submitting a public comment for the activity Bradley Young, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, 3051 through the Vermont Agency of Natural Resources' Environmental Notice Bulletin (ENB). Your comment will be reviewed by staff and a response to comments received will be posted with the final decision documents. You will receive an email notification at the time the final decision is issued.
Regards,
ENB Support
Vermont Agency of Natural Resources
Bill
"POINTER"
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

I have sent my comments as well and received a confirmation. PLEASE...everyone needs to spend just a few minutes and support the sea lamprey control program!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

DONE
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
Trackertroller
Species: Cold & Warm Water

Post by Trackertroller »

DONE!
JEREMY
1987 24' Chaparral
"Plenty of Fish"
bagman
Species: trout

Post by bagman »

Folks the anti's are working hard to prevent this. Your comments are needed. Please take a moment to comment
Cas
Species: the kind that swim

Post by Cas »

Thanks for posting this Bill. Comments are submitted, I hope most of you do the same.
________
Mike
voyager
Species: whatever's biting

Post by voyager »

Done