No Frostbite Shootout for 2020

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

No Frostbite Shootout for 2020

Post by Surprise »

With respect and concern about the safety of all participants we have decided to not have a Frostbite Shootout this season.

The award presentation and Most Important Barbecue where it would be impossible to have a safe ceremony as many of us " AHEM " are the vulnerable population. We want to continue this when it is safe and still FUN for all our Friends to gather again. This doesn't mean we all cannot get out yak it up on the RADIO having Frostbite fishing together in different boats I sure hope there is enough water to launch where anyone who wants to get out. It is getting skinny in most sites. I look forward to seeing you all safe and healthy in the future. I'll pop in some pic's and vid's here from prior years .

Randy, FISH ON!

I have hats if anyone wants .

https://www.lakechamplainunited.com/for ... =6&t=27066
Last edited by Surprise on Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fish On!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: No Frostbite Shootout for 2020

Post by Reelax »

I am not surprised at your decision Randy, it is the safe thing to do. If we were responsible for someone getting sick
it would be terrible. Lets make a pact to keep the radios on this winter and be as social as we can stand without
hanging out at the launch. I know I am looking forward to a very active and enjoyable frostbite season. It has been
some of the most fun times on the lake over the last 10 years or so....

Thanks for letting us know.....
Matt B
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Thanks Randy for being so up front and early about this. You are right as I concider my self somewhat vulnerable. This says something to the age of the fleet and I hope the young guys get a little more active, and show you up on making gourmet meals on the water Randy.
I am still going to make a week long trip around the beginning of November, and will hope to be an unofficial frostbite winner.
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

DANG!! But realistic too. Our Frost Bite fleet continues to demonstrate prudence and sound judgment. I've always said, "I'm game to fish in any conditions, but if the Captain doesn't want to be out, and makes the call, I don't want to be there either." FISH ON! (Appropriately socially distanced, of course! Now I'm off to plan a few "on-board" menus...)
ReelInvestment
Species: Salmon/lake trout

Post by ReelInvestment »

Bummer! This was the year I was going to try the shootout finally! I understand the reasoning. Just another thing Covid is putting the damper on. I will be at the next shootout. That’s a promise! Heading up this Saturday. Making venison bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers to grill up on the boat. That was the dish I was going to bring to the shootout!
Capt Kirk
Species: Salmon

Post by Capt Kirk »

Anyone thought about a “virtual” “shootout”....

I know it takes away from the drama, prestige, and social aspect...

Maybe...a monthly prize? Salmon of the month? Picture, measurement, weight?, documented by picture? Maybe other descriptive requirements?

Voted on by members?

Monthly prizes?

Seasonal award? Month to month winners voted for overall supremacy come march? April?

Idk...

Throwing out ideas?

However if Reelax had his way he would turn this forum into a cooking show???

Capt Kirk
Out

It could spur more content on site, more “sharing”...

...more incentive to open up playbook?
finsntins
Species: salmon

Post by finsntins »

i was thinking about the same thing,but just doing it on the day the shootout was supposed to be or maybe a two day shootout.take a clear picture of the fish hanging on a digital scale and posting pictures here on sunday or monday???
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing
iceman

Post by iceman »

I will just drop these #, 58 vehicle deaths in Vt , and 58 "covid" deaths . most of us trailer our boats . just a perspective .
Black Ghost (Ken)
Species: Salmon et al

Post by Black Ghost (Ken) »

Yup,
We wouldn't want a super-spreader shootout!
Black Ghost (Ken)
finsntins

Post by finsntins »

sad thing is we all know the virus will be gone nov.4th,so we could have had the shootout anyway!!!!
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

No Jason, we all don't know this. Attitudes like yours is the reason the Shootout had to be cancelled.
finsntins

Post by finsntins »

you are right jeff,unfortunately not everyone knows this,mask up,stay home,stay safe,remember everyone,WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!!!!!!
dry net
Species: cold water

Post by dry net »

Jason, It was nice fishing with you this summer (no mask) , I had a great time! Thank you again for your hospitality, hope to do it again. Matt
finsntins

Post by finsntins »

it was great having you guys out matt,and just so you know,those vertical blades work great,thanks again!!!!
dry net
Species: cold water

Post by dry net »

Those blades do work well on given days. Can't take credit for them though, Jim manufactured both sets. I had the idea for one set him the other. Glad they produced!