Apple I-Movie for editing and Go Pro Black 8 camera.

Share info on fishing Champlain.
digitroll (ron)

Apple I-Movie for editing and Go Pro Black 8 camera.

Post by digitroll (ron) »

After doing hundreds of hours of edit work last winter for my daughter's basketball season at Essex High School using our I-phone 11's to capture video I have discovered that the free edition software I-Movie on my MacBook Air Lap top is super easy to use. For fishing I use a head harness for my new Go Pro 8 and have it ready to hit the power button and record on we hook up and turn the camera on to capture clips of the fish jumping and netting. Filming from the back of the boat with it pointing down 30 degrees from the head mount keeps everything in the viewfinder especially netting. Easy to transfer the video direct by a USB cord to my laptop at home and edit to make a 1-2 minute video summary. Great stuff! I never liked the You Tube video editing software and I didn't want to pay for professional subscriptions for editing software. You Tube has free music to add to your videos since everything now is banned for copyright on You Tube and Facebook if you add a recorded song by an artist. One thing I have learned from the Pro's is keep the video's under 2 minutes and use some kind of background instrumental music that is easy on the ears. Oh and after 2 minutes viewers interest fades quickly especially reeling footage. :roll:
digitroll (ron)

Re: Apple I-Movie for editing and Go Pro Black 8 camera.

Ready to put on and power on when the reel starts screaming! On demand saves battery life and lots of film to download.

Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Cool stuff, only ever done super RAW videos so far. But this seems to be a great system. Thanks for sharing.
Matt B
digitroll (ron)

It's been a trial and error the last 2 months using the Go Pro but it's gaining traction like anything new. The netting or reeling person it works great with the head mount harness. If I get a turn on the rod I hand the rod to my guest for about 30 seconds put the head mount on fire up the camera and then resume reeling. Either way the head mounted camera provides great close up footage of the action. Getting these short clips results in a big time saver in the editing piece plus splicing together. Very little battery usage and SD card memory for brief clips. Win-Win
digitroll (ron)

digitroll (ron)

Wish I had this last week in Ontario. Arrived a few days ago and a great after market product option to use instead of fumbling with a harness and trying to get the camera pointing in a level and proper direction. Just exchange hats and hit the record button when a good fish bites!