Can a N.H. resident come over and Fish????

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Fishmore603
Species: Trout/salmon

Can a N.H. resident come over and Fish????

Post by Fishmore603 »

I’m sorry to keep harping on this, but I haven’t gotten an answer back from VT F&W. Wondering if I as a N.H. resident can come over the state line and fish?Whether alone or with family.
Greenhorn
Species: Anything with gills

Re: Can a N.H. resident come over and Fish????

Post by Greenhorn »

Hi Fishmore603. See post below in this same forum called Stay home order VT. There is some good information there in this issue. It was started on March 24th.
nhjim
Species: coldwater

Post by nhjim »

dan weve been up the last 3 weekends and no one has said anything. putting in at port henry. ny cruiser came thru lot as we were loading back up never said a thing. passed a bunch vt troopers staked out in the median nothing. that being said i am bringing gas cans to top off truck and not stopping anywhere once we get out of nh.
nhjim
Species: coldwater

Post by nhjim »

scratch that just read ny update sounds like no go over there.
Cas
Species: the kind that swim

Post by Cas »

They're saying people coming in to VT are supposed to self-isolate for 2 weeks. Enter the state, go directly to your destination and isolate for 2 weeks. I don't believe it's being enforced by police, etc. as they're trusting the public to do it.

From the office of the Governor:
In light of the significant risk posed by the further spread of this dangerous virus to Vermonters and the viability of Vermont’s health care system, this new order directs residents and non-residents coming from outside the state for anything other than an essential purpose to home-quarantine for 14 days and strongly discourages travel to Vermont by those located in COVID-19 “hot spots.”
________
Mike
Bocco
Species: The ones that bite

Post by Bocco »

This information came from the Vermont Fish and Wildlife Site.
It specifically addresses outdoor recreation. So looks like the answer is no, folks from out of state can not come to Vermont to recreate until after a 14 day quarantine.

"Outdoor Recreation
Under the terms of Gov. Phil Scott’s “Stay Home, Stay Safe” order, Vermonters are encouraged to get outside provided they can do so while meeting social distancing and other guidelines. In addition, to the greatest extent possible, outdoor activities should take place within 10 miles of home to minimize travel and potential risk of exposure to COVID-19. The enforcement order by the Attorney General would not preclude those activities, provided they can take place in ways consistent with the “Stay Home, Stay Safe” order.

In addition, Gov. Scott has directed out of state visitors to not come to Vermont unless they are part of the essential services exempt from the “Stay Home, Stay Safe” Order and, if they do come to Vermont, to self-quarantine for 14 days before engaging in any activity including outdoor recreation.

Hunting and Fishing Seasons
Much is changing regarding what is necessary to reduce the risk from COVID-19 and we would ask Vermonters to continue to monitor this website, Facebook page and press releases to stay up to date. However, at this point fishing and hunting are allowed, trout fishing season will open Saturday, April 11, and Vermont’s turkey seasons are expected to proceed as usual.

Fishing Access Areas
The department’s Fishing Access Areas are open 24/7 as they always have been, but the public is reminded to practice safe social distancing and only recreate with people that you have been self-quarantining with. Please note, to reduce the potential exposure of Covid-19, we will not be providing portable toilet services at this time. Additionally, in order to comply with the Governor’s “Stay Home, Stay Safe” order, we are not installing docks at any of our access areas. This is just another way to keep the public and our valued contractors safe and healthy during this pandemic. "
Greenhorn

Post by Greenhorn »

Are there any changes that would allow NH residents to come up and fish Champlain yet? I have been patient, but my patience is wearing thin. Because of this situation, it angers me when every other car I see in a NH town (bordering VT) has a VT plate. I have nothing against vermonters, but why do I have to stay out of VT when they freely come over here? (Sorry had to vent)
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Greenhorn wrote:Are there any changes that would allow NH residents to come up and fish Champlain yet? I have been patient, but my patience is wearing thin. Because of this situation, it angers me when every other car I see in a NH town (bordering VT) has a VT plate. I have nothing against vermonters, but why do I have to stay out of VT when they freely come over here? (Sorry had to vent)
Because NH is a "No Sales Tax" state :lol:
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Greenhorn

Post by Greenhorn »

Absolutely!! However, I will gladly pay the VT sales tax if I can partake in some of the awesome fishing over there. :D
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Evidently governor Scott thinks his residents are healthier than those of other states. It is ok for VT residents to leave the state for 24 hours. They don't have to quarrantine. It must take Vermonters longer to contract the Virus than everyone in surrounding states.