Stay home order in VT

Share info on fishing Champlain.
troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Re: Stay home order in VT

Post by troutcrazy »

I'm thinking that crossing state lines to fish is not a good idea. And I've been staying closer to home to fish. Otherwise I'd be driving to the NY side to put in the kayak. Anyone have thoughts on that?
dry net
Species: cold water

Post by dry net »

If you have a NY fishing license whats the problem?
Greenhorn
Species: Anything with gills

Post by Greenhorn »

Fishing can be a solitary activity or maybe you share your boat with someone you typically share your day with already. It seems like a very low risk activity. I am all for avoiding high risk activities and gatherings that increase the risk exponentially, but carefully thought out activities with low risk make sense to me. If we can still go grocery shopping, buy gas, and walk your dog, fishing has less interaction with people and lower risk than most of those activities. (Just my two cents)
Dilly Worm
Species: target salmon & catch togue

Post by Dilly Worm »

Thanks for starting this thread, Bottomdollar, and I appreciate all the updates from everyone who checked w/ Fish & Wildlife too !

I use a 1-person Adirondack rowboat for all my trolling on the lake so I feel good saying its exercise and its distant from others. So I'm thinking of hitting the open water for the first time of 2020 this Saturday. Looking forward to getting out of the house !!

FWIW, I'm in support of anyone taking a boat out and fishing, whether solo or with others they already are living with, hope nobody gets flack for it.

With any luck I'll catch something I can eat, then it could count as grocery shopping too ;)
I do not exaggerate when I talk about fishing - I underestimate, like I say "just one more cast honey, then I'll come home" !
Keep Calm and... Fish On !