Stay home order in VT

Share info on fishing Champlain.
BottomDollar
Species: cold water

Stay home order in VT

Post by BottomDollar »

I just read the executive order from Scott.

The details, as much as they exist:

https://governor.vermont.gov/sites/scot ... 001-20.pdf

To be clear, I personally support the move in broad terms. BUT, as far as I can discern, this appears to restrict us from trailering boats to launches for at least 3 weeks, and very likely longer. Can anyone confirm or correct me on this? I'd be launching solo or with my wife, so I wouldn't be in contact with anyone except for a gas pump.

I can live with it but I just want to be sure.
nhjim
Species: coldwater

Re: Stay home order in VT

Post by nhjim »

a lot of grey area there. sounds like unless they consider fishing "exercise" your done until the april date. Also all the jargon is specifically aimed at vermonters so wonder where this leaves us driving into the state from NH to fish. i think the office they are setting up should be ready to field a lot of calls with questions.
keithm87
Species: Trout and Salmon

Post by keithm87 »

Bullwaga is in New York!
drachma
Species: Salmon, Lake Trout

Post by drachma »

Dies this mean that I can now come over from Maine where I recently moved to and have Champlain all to myselF? :)

Michael
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Fishing would absolutely be excersize for me... its about all I get... after yesterday... I know I was working my core muscles all day!

I think trailering a boat and fishin solo or with live-in people would be OK in my book... But it will be interesting to see how the State feels.

Bottom line is if it is NOT safe, don’t do it. I took Jeff and ken’s temps yesterday, as a precaution, it that is not full reassurance they don’t carry it.... but it was a step... now it sounds like we need to take MORE steps...

More time will tell where this goes.... Would love to hear everyone’s opinion on fishing solo, cause we will need this release to stay sane in some ways...
Matt B
BottomDollar

Post by BottomDollar »

Matt, I agree. What might determine this is whether or not the state will close the accesses so they don't need to have the staff out there taking a risk. Plus the port-a-lets need to be maintained or removed.

I'm fine with whatever they decide but I selfishly would love to get out on the water. We'll see I guess; F&W will probably update their COVID response today or tomorrow. They're still encouraging people to go fishing on the website.
keithm87
Species: Trout and Salmon

Post by keithm87 »

They issued guidance today. Fishing and hunting remain open. They advise not carpooling with people from outside ur house. Maintain 6 feet separation. Thank god for an 8ft beam!
BottomDollar

Post by BottomDollar »

Great news, thanks Keith.
fishfarmer
Species: Piscies

Post by fishfarmer »

Here's the response from Fish and Wildlife.
https://anr.vermont.gov/content/fishing ... g-activity

I'm planning on steelhead fishing solo until the boss says otherwise.

Remember to practice safe fishing.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

I just messaged Vermont Fish and Wildlife on FB messenger, and asked if I would get stopped for trailering my boat in Vermont, and the answer came back , "No".
BottomDollar

Post by BottomDollar »

C-Hawk wrote:I just messaged Vermont Fish and Wildlife on FB messenger, and asked if I would get stopped for trailering my boat in Vermont, and the answer came back , "No".
Thanks for providing a clear response.

See you all out there.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

I was too afraid of the answer if I asked state police.
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

This is great news. Dock is in at Converse and looking at some solo trips. Hard to maintain 6 feet in the boat when the seats are less than 3 feet apart or less.
Greenhorn
Species: Anything with gills

Post by Greenhorn »

I have been chomping at the bit to get back on the water. Saturday looks like it will be a good day to be out there. I think it is more healthy to be out in the air than shuttered away in a house. Solo trips or trips with someone you are exposed to daily doesn't seem like it is taking a risk or risking the health of others. I'm trying to convince myself that I am pretty much isolated if I am on a boat in the middle of lake Champlain. Does this make any members on this forum uncomfortable. I respect your opinions and will forgo a trip if my fellow fishermen think it present a risk.
Ahhspray
Species: Whatever the lake will provide

Post by Ahhspray »

C-Hawk wrote:I just messaged Vermont Fish and Wildlife on FB messenger, and asked if I would get stopped for trailering my boat in Vermont, and the answer came back , "No".
Perfect! Thanks for doing this for us. Cheers
Totally rebuilt - 1986 22' Starcraft 220V CC T-top w/ 1986 Evinrude 140hp and 1978 Merc 7.5hp kicker