2020 DYP QUESTIONNAIRE

Share info on fishing Champlain.
homewrecker
Species: salmon,mermaids

2020 DYP QUESTIONNAIRE

Post by homewrecker »

Hello my fellow anglers hope you are all well and your families too. That being said I pose the question of the skipping this years DYP due to the current health situation, please be honest and caring in you responses as I respect your thoughts. I will decide after a brief period of comments. Thank you all and Fish On,Dean
Controlled chaos
Species: what's biting

Re: 2020 DYP QUESTIONNAIRE

Post by Controlled chaos »

hope you still hold the DYP,
It’s outdoors, not in a confined space. The feed is at the landing so exposure is limited to prepared food, and direct contact i.e. shaking hands , etc . fish and chips will hit 350 so we can bring extra if needed , we will use rubber gloves also. I have no problem with it. Definitely your call tho dean, I do understand if you cancel.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

I participated in most of the DYP's and made many great friends.
However, due to this unusual circumstance, unless things improve quickly, I think it would be wise to postpone it this spring.
I understand it is an outdoor gathering and it would be a small crowd, but its not worth the risk at this stage.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
tmcaul
Species: salmonids

Post by tmcaul »

I am a cautious person and I am in the age group that is vulnerable to serious illness from this virus. So I agree with Gecha. Having the DYP this year is "not worth the risk".

For a little more than a week I have been almost always isolated in my home with my wife. She said yesterday that she will fish with me even though she has little interest in doing so.

If it isn't held, I will miss the camaraderie and the food offerings. But like frostbite fishing, safety first.
Tom
"Tyee, Too"
18' Lund
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Wow... I have such mixed emotions on this one. While this derby has introduced me to some of my BEST friends.... and best fishing contacts over the years... I have to say for everyone’s benefit that my vote would be to POSTPONE it until it is a safer endeavor. It would be my hope we could still hold this great event sometime during this summers sweet spot of GREAT salmon fishing After this situation has run its course.... Maybe June some time.. or late May... there is a great fishing weekend now open due to a previous derby going away... maybe we can shoot for that weekend...

What does everyone else think???

Thanks for the discussion

Fish on!
Matt B
Cas
Species: the kind that swim

Post by Cas »

I say postpone. We have friends and relatives in France, Spain, Italy we've spoken to. We're not even close to what the situation is over there, and I hope it doesn't come to that, but I would not be surprised if it gets worse here before it gets better. While it would be greatly missed, I believe it is in everyone's best interest to postpone this until a later date.
________
Mike
Controlled chaos
Species: what's biting

Post by Controlled chaos »

You guys are rite, it’s not worth taking the chance...also great idea Matt! That is definitely a fantastic option if everything clears up by then.
voyager
Species: whatever's biting

Post by voyager »

I’m with Matt. Postpone to the former Datillios weekend and see what the situation is then.
The River Rat
Species: Anything that swims

Post by The River Rat »

:cry:
A White