More maintenance in the off-season

Share info on fishing Champlain.
digitroll (ron)

More maintenance in the off-season

Post by digitroll (ron) »

After getting my seat tear repaired on Christmas Eve by A-1 folks I had noticed my trailer Guide On's in early November had a severe crack on the starboard side bracket near the U-Bolt and a small one on the port side. I would encourage folks to inspect their guide-on's on their trailer even the part that has the carpet on the upper side as well. When I had my motor swapped at Vt Home they sent these out to be welded and they are like new when returned. These are a $300 replacement for my Shorelandr trailer. Welding was a better option vs. replacement. Ready to go for April now!

fishy1
Species: many species

Re: More maintenance in the off-season

Post by fishy1 »

glad you got it fixed ron
digitroll (ron)

Vt Home and Marine also put a bracket for a detachable telescoping (stow in a small space under the floor) stainless ladder on the starboard side of the transom when it was in for engine swaps. Tube pulling for the kids and a diving ladder for my brother in law who dived for my probe last July. They also installed a grab handle in the transom area.

Replacing my tablet holder this week with an 8" double dual ram arms setup for more stability replacing the original tablet holder that jiggles a bit under power when I hit waves.

The off season is the time to get stuff done. December was a good month to get the engine swapped and water tested.
digitroll (ron)

Last edited by digitroll (ron) on Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
digitroll (ron)