Weather Stations Offline

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Boatless in BTV
Species: Anything that bites

Weather Stations Offline

Post by Boatless in BTV »

In case others were wondering, I emailed the local NOAA people today to inquire about most of the Lake Champlain weather stations being offline. Here's what they said:
Last week we got notice that UVM, who owns and maintains the Colchester Reef, Diamond Island, and Burton Island stations were undertaking an upgrade of their radio communications infrastructure and data loggers. Provided the weather allowed, they were going to be installing new radios last Thursday at the sites, then the base station in Burlington on Friday. Turns out they had issues with the base station, and they're still working on it.

Hopefully, they'll have that data flowing again soon, but as of right now we don't have a firm date of return to service. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Dilly Worm
Species: target salmon & catch togue

Re: Weather Stations Offline

Post by Dilly Worm »

thanks for looking into that and for sharing... I had been wondering what's going on.

BTW, does anyone know what the water around Diamond Island looks like now ? Is it murky after all the heavy rain earlier in the week ? Looked like the rivers were running high and brown.
I do not exaggerate when I talk about fishing - I underestimate, like I say "just one more cast honey, then I'll come home" !
Keep Calm and... Fish On !
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Re: Weather Stations Offline

Post by raz »

Good info...Thanks
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry