2019 DYP WINNERS!

Share info on fishing Champlain.
homewrecker
Species: salmon,mermaids

2019 DYP WINNERS!

Post by homewrecker »

YOUR 2019 DYP WINNERS ARE CAS- MIKE SHELITTO

CRAZY IVAN-TODD FLINT

IT WAS A SLOW BITE BUT A GREAT DAY TO BE ON THE WATER WITH FELLOW ANGLERS AND ANOTHER OUTSTANDING BBQ AND AWARD CEREMONY. I THINK POPSTER HAS SOME PHOTOS TO ADD.
popster
Species: Salmo Salar Sebago

Re: 2019 DYP WINNERS!

Post by popster »

Congrats Todd & Mike with a Salmon just shy of 3 lbs.

Bill
"POINTER"
homewrecker
Species: salmon,mermaids

Post by homewrecker »

Thank you Bill for the photos.
fishmaster176
Species: anything with a fin

Post by fishmaster176 »

Congrats Todd & Mike. Glad to see a good turnout.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Congrats Mike and Todd, and to all other participants.
Special thanks to Dean and his team for the tremendous effort and time setting up this event.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
voyager
Species: whatever's biting

Post by voyager »

Another great event! Thanks to Dean for putting it together, to Bill for the drawing prizes, and to Greg for hosting me aboard the Heartbeat (an awesome fishing machine, btw).
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Nice two year streak going for the Crazy Ivan vessel! Good job Todd and Mike a great team indeed!

Thanks for posting the results Paul and Bill for capturing the tail gate event!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Great time with all... what ap with excellent company for a beautiful spring Day... and congrats Todd and Cas on the win!!!! We burned a lot of gas and found plea plenty of spots that were not holding active fish, but I really enjoyed fishing with Ken, seeing the fleet at the launch!!!

Spending the day today on the winooski on Controlled Caos was an event I won’t forget... Thanks John and Andy for making the trip and staying with us for the derby... it was a couple evenings we won’t soon forget. Worth it even if we were runnin a little late for the derby;)

Thanks Dean for another great event.

Fish on!
Matt B
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

looks like a fun time for all. thanks for the pics bill.
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Great job guys! Keep that streak going! /Jim
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
Cas
Species: the kind that swim

Post by Cas »

It was a good time. Thanks Todd for putting us on some fish. Thanks Dean for organizing and of course your patented 'Gator soup, thanks for the awesome fish fry afterwards from Controlled Chaos. Relax - thanks for providing some interesting stories for us to hear at the BBQ, Bill - thanks for the drawing prizes. My season has now officially begun.
________
Mike
drachma
Species: Salmon, Lake Trout

Post by drachma »

Congratulations Todd and Mike. It looks like, based on the hat, that Mike is now a Lure Tester for Crazy Ivan. :)

Michael
keithm87
Species: Trout and Salmon

Post by keithm87 »

I fished with BrownTown out of malletts, which was a last minute location change due to some trailer issues, that delayed launch until around 6am. We also struggled to find any active silver fish. We fished the outer bay over toward the mouth of the lamoille, and landed a smallie over there. Moved out toward the cut and had a bunch of misses around the green can inside the bay, had to have been 0 for 7 or 8 in that area, where we found warm water. Just bump and runs.
Moved to broad lake in front of the cut and got 3 lakers, tried along the bike path north into the bay there, and nothing. Got screamed at by some folks in a Thompson who felt they owned the lake in front of the cut. Gotta love people who feel entitled. went back into outer bay and trolled along the north shore found our warmest water of the day in a cove, but no fish (47 degree water though) in in front of the lamoille again we had 3 releases and got 2 northerns, one was a SLENDER 30-31 incher. Missed the meet up barbecue, but had a good day.
Greenhorn
Species: Anything with gills

Post by Greenhorn »

It was truely an awesome event. I had a great time fishing with John aboard Controlled Chaos. (Thanks John!) I look forward to this event every year. It would be hard to find a better group of guys that love to fish for salmon. Congrats to Mike and Todd. A well deserved win on a tough bite. Of course, none of this would be possible without all the work behind the scene. Thanks Dean for organizing the event and thanks for the drawing prizes Bill. With all the small salmon around this year, watch out next year! I predict it will take a salmon over 5 pounds to win next year.
The River Rat
Species: Anything that swims

Post by The River Rat »

Great time once again. I just know realized I never submitted my post :o Hats off to Home Wrecker, I really appreciated and enjoyed being able to fish with him this year. Big thanks to Reelax also... for memories not soon to be forgotten!!!! Lookimg forward to the next trip up for sure.
A White