DATILLIOS FISHING DERBY

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Fish_Stalker
Species: any

DATILLIOS FISHING DERBY

Post by Fish_Stalker »

Does anyone know if there will be a Datillios derby this year? Sure did miss it last year....
digitroll (ron)

Re: DATILLIOS FISHING DERBY

Post by digitroll (ron) »

I heard it wasn't going to happen.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

I called Datillio's a few weeks ago and asked, and they said they wouldn't be doing a derby.... I suspect it is over for good. This leaves one of the best fishing weekends of the summer open for someone to start a new derby. It wouldn't take much to out do the current biggest derby on the lake with some effort and teamwork. Too bad no one has the time... :?
Matt B
Fish_Stalker
Species: any

Post by Fish_Stalker »

not good. thanks Matt
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

It was a fun derby! I had a chance to fish the Dattilio's derby once 3-4 years ago with my brother in law. I remember Chad Lambert finished 1 and 2 in salmon from way south. We fished 6 am till noon each day. First day with my boat and second day with his. Great time! It's at a very busy time of year. We fished the Liberty Bell derby in the earlier days before the Dattilio's took over in the early nineties. The best part was the Franny O fish fry! Just like the seminars it takes a lot of work behind the scenes to put these events on! Nice run for that derby!