Ride today

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Ride today

Post by Surprise »

Beautiful day was cause for a picnic lunch and a ride to catch some wildlife enjoying it too!

Through the rounds: Big Otter is open with Bullheaders in the sun. The launch at Ft Cassin, open & Flat rock and Kellogs Frozen in the lake.

Frozen all the way to the bridge. The channel open with 10,000 waterfowl including Cormorants to view. Saw a couple pintails for unusuals

The ramp under the bridge is a day from being open and the ice out to the red can is looking black and punky.

Kathy and I ate lunch and took a walk around and through the Crown Point & Ft. St. Fredrick ruins. Lots of other folks and dogs enjoying the day.

Someone is sure to get a float in soon. I work Mon-Wed then Thurs prep for Captain Carl Friday to Explore my Colon for Aliens . :mrgreen:
Fish On!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Ride today

Post by Reelax »

It’s on boys... we are gonna bring Reelax to our 3 day Bridport camp out now... the Eastman trip on Sunday will just be the epicenter of our awesome adventure... there will be local trolling done....
Matt B
Reelax
Site Admin

Post by Reelax »

Randy, where would you say the choices will be for a Friday afternoon and Saturday morning launch???

Thanks for the update....
Matt B
Surprise

Post by Surprise »

No where yet.

Maybe Matt Fishy1 or I can get eyes on & give you a Thursday true update on the bridge or mouth of Big Otter. The Ice north of the bridge was still pretty white. Converse North also still looks Locked.

Stay Tuned and keep wishing...
Fish On!
Surprise

Post by Surprise »

Tonite after work the channel opened up quite a bit but the ramp hasn't let loose yet..... not long but maybe not Friday Matt..I'll check again.

Fish On!
Reelax
Site Admin

Post by Reelax »

Oh yea... pray for wind and warmth.. I’m shoveling out the boat tomorrow...
Matt B