looking for lodging

Share info on fishing Champlain.
nhjim
Species: coldwater

looking for lodging

Post by nhjim »

looking for a place to stay overnight this time of year from about converse to the port Henry bridge. see a lot up around Shelburne but looking for a secure spot where dont have to worry about portable bob houses and such disappearing out of the truck overnight. would have trailer with atv also. thanks everyone.
Themug
Species: All Champlain fishes!!

Re: looking for lodging

Post by Themug »

There's a place on Bay Rd in Ferrisburgh that they rent out from time to time during the winter months. Not sure where the name came from but it's listed as "Dee's Lake House"
nhjim

Post by nhjim »

thank you looks like a nice place but looking for something on the cheeper side. just a place to crash out for the night instead of driving 2 1/2hrs each way.
dry net
Species: cold water

Post by dry net »

ttt
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

westport motel or collins in port henry
nhjim

Post by nhjim »

thanks fishy
Greenhorn
Species: Anything with gills

Post by Greenhorn »

Hi Jim,

I just booked a room at Windy Corners farm. It is close to Converse Bay. I haven't stayed there before, but it was recommended to me by a guy that lives in the area. It looks like a nice place. Best of luck!
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Greenhorn wrote:Hi Jim,

I just booked a room at Windy Corners farm. It is close to Converse Bay. I haven't stayed there before, but it was recommended to me by a guy that lives in the area. It looks like a nice place. Best of luck!
Always good to hear of nice inexpensive places to stay. Please give us some feedback of your stay.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Themug
Species: All Champlain fishes!!

Post by Themug »

I didn't realize he rented rooms out by the night. I know several people who have lived and worked on Windy Corners Farm and they all have great things to say about it. I've only met him once briefly, but I hear the owner is awesome. Just a few miles from Converse and less than 20 minutes to Shelburne Bay and Kingsland Bay in the other direction. Have fun!!
Greenhorn
Species: Anything with gills

Post by Greenhorn »

Thanks Themug. I'm looking forward to it. Not only for the quality lodging, but it will be my first LCI derby.

I will definitively give feedback Gecha. It will be a while before I get up there, but with the popularity of the LCI, I wanted to book my lodging early.

On another note, I'm headed to St. Aubins Bay in the morning to try to find the White perch. I am more than ready for open water, but until then, jigging up some white perch will keep me occupied.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

I found a cool rental in Bridport that will sleep 4 and can park 4 trucks if needed. Got it booked for end of the month.... so looks like an ice fishin trip now... was supposed to be a 4 day Bullwagga assault. Now it may include a trip to Eastmans docks.. let me know if you want these people’s info in a PM.
Matt B
TUnamas

Reelax

Post by TUnamas »

Give me a shout if you are running to Eastmans. Season there starts end of the month?