Looking to rent a house for a week

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Wallyandre (Andre)
Species: salmon, SM, walleyes

Looking to rent a house for a week

Post by Wallyandre (Andre) »

I have some friends (3 couples) from Quebec city that would like to rent a house for a week.
1st choice on NY side between Port Douglas and Wesport and if they find something on the Vermont side that will be fine too. Time frame is end of June to mid-July. They don’t need to be on the lake but not far from a boat ramp.
Let me know if you got something.
Egoody
Species: Cold water species

Re: Looking to rent a house for a week

Post by Egoody »

Hi Andre,
I've stayed at Dee's Lake House in Ferrisburg, Vt on Long Point, several times. Bill Kipp and his wife own the house and it's a really great place and they are good to work with.
Point Bay Marina is a 10 minute drive, in Town Farm Bay, where we've always docked our boats. I think they get $2-$3per foot per day, and if you don't want to pay to keep your boats there you can still launch there or drive another 10-15 minutes up to Converse bay where there is a good public launch. Converse can get pretty shallow at times, just an FYI.
That general area of the lake has always been productive for us in the past with salmon and lakers.

Good Luck & Boat Safe,
Egoody
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

there is a house in elizabethtown ny that is rented by the wolson family. this is close to the westport launch or even willsboro launch.
Themug
Species: All Champlain fishes!!

Post by Themug »

Check out VRBO. I can also vouch for the Long Point places, I live there!! There are also a couple at Pleasant Bay, which is right next door. 2 of the places have a dock you can keep a boat. Nice, quiet bay, but like Converse it can get shallow, especially later in the season, just depends on the year. Point Bay Marina is just on the other side of the bay and Converse is right around the corner from there.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Andre...someone contacted LCU thru our facebook page and wanted our members to know of this place:
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/29893693?s ... 1&adults=1
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Nice place. Reasonable price.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Wallyandre (Andre)
Species: salmon, SM, walleyes

Post by Wallyandre (Andre) »

To far from the salmon water; I sent them a few spots so it's up to them to make their choice. Thanks for the help.