2018 Salmon Shootout Winner & Entries

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

2018 Salmon Shootout Winner & Entries

Post by Surprise »

Hi All,

What a Great Day for the Rescheduled Salmon Shootout.

I want to post the Winner and other entries.

David Kirk from Burlington 23 Inch 4 lb 10.5 oz

Bernard Boudreau Quebec Canada 23 Inch 4lb 11.5 oz LV clip fin

T. Karl Hubbard Shelburne Vt. 2018 10 YEAR SALMON SHOOTOUT WINNER 23 1/2 Inch 5lb 6.5 oz

We had a Great turnout and wonderful Barbecue. Fair seas. Everyone agreed that it was a good call to reschedule. So from now on we will if the weather won't agree for safety and a great Barbecue we'll push it back.

Thanks for all that participated you are the finest people in the world. We are a true Brotherhood of Friends. Thanks for sharing your time. We all missed anyone that wasn't able to attend.

GREAT THANKS TO: Al Moorehouse, Bill Lowell,Ron Winter Matt Bilodeau, Gerry Hartley,James Vladylca from Navionics for the BLING & Todd Smith & POINT BAY MARINA. If I have forgotten anyone here please excuse me.

I'm at camp in Lincoln and forgot Kathy's & my Camera at home. I'll post pictures soon.

Anyone that wishes a Frostbite 10 year beanie send me a PM with your Name & address and I'll send one in the mail as long as I have some.

Best,
Randy
Last edited by Surprise on Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish On!
digitroll (ron)

Re: 2018 Salmon Shootout Winner & Entries

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Thanks Randy and it was truly a great day for fishing. Nice chop early and later laid down and the sun was out with no clouds. One of our best bites in 4-5 years for the Shoot-out. Congratulations to Karl Hubbard for a really fat fish! The other two were very nice too that were entered.

Thanks to everyone that brought food and desert to the shootout.. The beanie hats were really nice and a great tribute to this 10th event. Thanks Randy again!

Hard to believe 10 of these events have elapsed in such a short time. I am fortunate enough to have shared those 10 events with Don and Mike on my vessel. Sure was nice to trailer on a dry road + a dry BBQ in the sun and fish on a decent day today. I like the idea of an alternate day and exercising that was fantastic! Well the Frostbite season has begun officially!

Ron
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Crunching the 10 years of data this early am. There has been an average of just under 3 fish weighed for the last 10 years at each derby that meet the 20" minimum criteria. This derby proved out just that for 3 fish weighed and the length and weight was just about average for the 10 years.

Summary of 10 Winners:

Average length/weight of the winners: 24 1/4" 5 lbs. 9 oz.

28 Fish all entries (20" or more) distribution:

3 lbs.= 3
4 lbs.= 12
5 lbs.= 7
6 lbs.= 5
7 lbs.= 0
8 lbs.= 1
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

thanks for that important info ron. we had a great time and there was plenty of competetion and lots of freindly fisherman. wow we got big waves from all trollers passing by what a great shootout my 4th. now on to the frostbite season the best is yet to come. thanks randy for all you do and im will be wearing my lucky frostbite hats and beanie every outing.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Far-out and congrats to T Carl Hubbard Captain Kirk...great fish.
Man that event can't be missed! It's one of the best on the lake and on the continent!
Thanks to all the team work and members of this forum...THIS IS HOW TO HAVE FUN!
We did double numbers of fish and the laughs were up in the triple numbers!!! Such fun!!!
The start of the frost bite season has begun...have fun everyone and be safe!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Great job Randy and all those who pitched in with food and help!

Sounds like another very successful Shootout.

Congratulations to David Kirk, Bernard Boudreau Quebec Canada and T. Karl Hubbard Shelburne Vt. 2018, the 10 YEAR SALMON SHOOTOUT WINNER. All three fish are certainly worthy representatives of this great event.
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

Missed the fishing and my usual crew to health issues this year, but NO Way I was missing the BBQ. Smoked 4 racks of ribs in the AM while everyone was fishing, arrived early to help set up and spent some quality time with Randy and Al. EPIC! Great turn-out despite the date/weather shift. Some beautiful fish caught and sounded like good numbers all around. Randy, Fish On!! and thanks for the hats! I think mine is just like Raz's Grand Slam prize, so maybe now I look like him when I wear it?!! It was good catching up with everyone, and thanks to many for the help moving tables back before we left. I felt badly not being the last person to leave, as I know Randy and crew still had trash etc to wrap up. KUDOS to those who host this event! It seems easy, but it isn't without effort. Serenity Now is already signed up for next year (Randy assured me that my entry fee (waived this year because I didn't fish) will be applied next year!!!) But I'll see many of you before then! Captain Kirk... Nice Fish (despite the lamprey scars!) and Congratulations!! Fish ON!!
DreamWeaver
Species: Salmon, trout and bass

Post by DreamWeaver »

Congrats to all for such a great 10th anniversary, from a northern neighbor.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

And the ribs were great Scott. Nice to meet you and everyone else, what a great gathering. Make it a two day event as far as I'm concerned. Thanks to partner Matt for fishing with me.
Special thanks to Randy for bringing us all together and for the special hat.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

C-Hawk wrote:And the ribs were great Scott. Nice to meet you and everyone else, what a great gathering. Make it a two day event as far as I'm concerned. Thanks to partner Matt for fishing with me.
Special thanks to Randy for bringing us all together and for the special hat.
x2 jeff. lots of happy freindly frostbiters out there and at the barbecue which was just awsome. this group of frostbiters are special and they all like to fish. cant wait for # 11.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

WOW WOW WOW :o
Already 10 years of wonderful gathering to celebrate the beginning of the Frostbite.
Hats off to Randy for putting up such a great event (and beanies ON).
Every this was so perfect again. Nice temperature, good food, great fishing, and exceptional friendship.
You always SURPRISE us Randy.

This year Matt invited me to be part of the crew on Reelax with Gerry (Raz) and Dean (Homewrecker). The boat handled pretty well due to a very low center of gravity with 4 onboard.
On the water at dusk and it was not stop fun and laughs with these incredible comedians. We also found some time to fish. Lots of secret lures and secret locations I am not allowed to reveal.
However, I am happy to share some pics of this memorable day.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Gecha (Gerry)

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Beautiful morning on the water, spectacular colors.
01-Morning.JPG
01-Morning.JPG (166.39 KiB) Viewed 1497 times
It was not long before we got our first catch.
02-First catch.JPG
02-First catch.JPG (136.97 KiB) Viewed 1497 times
Then it was snack time.
03-Snack Time.JPG
03-Snack Time.JPG (105.09 KiB) Viewed 1497 times
Gecha (Gerry)

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

05-Starcraft.JPG
05-Starcraft.JPG (150.14 KiB) Viewed 1493 times
This poor fish was released of his sucker and put back in the pond.
04-Lamprey.JPG
04-Lamprey.JPG (148.29 KiB) Viewed 1493 times
It was a busy beautiful day on the water.
05-Starcraft.JPG
05-Starcraft.JPG (150.14 KiB) Viewed 1493 times
06-Digitrol.JPG
06-Digitrol.JPG (170.27 KiB) Viewed 1493 times
07-Lund.JPG
07-Lund.JPG (132.94 KiB) Viewed 1493 times
08-Budget Bender.JPG
08-Budget Bender.JPG (119.01 KiB) Viewed 1493 times
Gecha (Gerry)

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Happy Raz... as usual
09-Happy.JPG
09-Happy.JPG (142.33 KiB) Viewed 1491 times
10-Smiles.JPG
10-Smiles.JPG (146.36 KiB) Viewed 1491 times
More friendly boats
11-I'm having fun.JPG
11-I'm having fun.JPG (146.96 KiB) Viewed 1491 times
12-Kayak.JPG
12-Kayak.JPG (142.75 KiB) Viewed 1491 times
13-Popster.JPG
13-Popster.JPG (182.84 KiB) Viewed 1491 times
Wallyandre (Andre)
Species: salmon, SM, walleyes

Post by Wallyandre (Andre) »

Congratulations to all the participants and congratulations to the winner and the 2 other teams that were close!