Isle la Motte

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Fishmore603
Species: Trout/salmon

Isle la Motte

Post by Fishmore603 »

Hey guys I’m staying up in the north end of isle la motte in two weeks for a week. How’s the fishing up there. (Salmon/trout) how far south do I need to go to find these fish this time of year. Never fished the lake before. What’s working? Riggers lead dipseys? Any info is much appreciated
Thanks
-Dan
keithm87
Species: Trout and Salmon

Re: Isle la Motte

Post by keithm87 »

You will need to get down to the southern end of Isle la Motte for any chance... get to the deeper water 70+ FOW and you should be able to find them. I don't fish that area at all, but the lake is pretty consistent in terms of fish hanging out on similar structure. fish the areas near steep drops on either side of the drop keeping gear at the thermocline or just above just below. lakers will hit at 1.5-2.2 salmon 2.2-2.6. Riggers and slide divers are the go too on champ, but dipsey and copper work for some. Purple and black has been hot from the sounds of it. I love my spin n glo set up described in several threads on here, and also love silver and blue small spoons
Fishmore603

Post by Fishmore603 »

About How deep have they been lately?
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Haven’t been out in 2 wks but they are over deep water... stay over 100+ fow. Fish from 25 to 60 down. Good luck
Matt B
Fishmore603

Post by Fishmore603 »

Thanks for all the responses. I’m headed up Friday. Well see what happens