Torpedo Divers

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Salmonseeker
Species: Salmon

Re: Torpedo Divers

Post by Salmonseeker »

I use them here on champlain and over NY, I run them on straight braid and on 3 color. Only having 2 riggers it's a easy way to get out 2 more rods with 3 people on the boat. Just make a extra turn on the clip to keep it from slidding I have had no problems with taggling when turning. I switch back and forth when slid divers stop working or seem to be scarring the fish. I also have used them on my planner boards. Anouther tool to add to your arsenal, can never have enough.
dreamcatcher
Species: Champlain Fishes

Post by dreamcatcher »

I was hoping to get my order today did'nt happen, called on it, it's still sitting at the board o'well next week! :|
KEN K.
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

Only did a few on the riggers yesterday, but the torpedo divers saved my day.

Most fish came off 4 colors of lead with a snapper torpedo with 25-40' of line out.

Also ran a 100' leader with shark torpedo out 100'. Ended up with a nice steelhead off this rig.
dreamcatcher
Species: Champlain Fishes

Post by dreamcatcher »

Hairbone wrote:Only did a few on the riggers yesterday, but the torpedo divers saved my day.

Most fish came off 4 colors of lead with a snapper torpedo with 25-40' of line out.

Also ran a 100' leader with shark torpedo out 100'. Ended up with a nice steelhead off this rig.
Hairbone; they worked pretty good for me yesterday also, I ran 20ft. of 8lb. then about 10ft. of braid out put on the musky and dropped it down around 10ft. and put a dodger and fly on, then dropped it down 25 ft. At one point I was having problems with the fly getting tangled to the main line so I shorten the lead from the dodger to the fly and that seemed to help. Torpedos did fire when nothing else was popping. Our problem seemed to be we were'nt able to hold on to the fish yesterday no matter what they hit on riggers, slide drivers ect. :oops:
KEN K.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Hairbone wrote: Ended up with a nice steelhead off this rig.
Capt. Mickey Maynard took a nice pic of a great steel-head on the docks at Point Bay...was that you?
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

Raz wrote:
Hairbone wrote: Ended up with a nice steelhead off this rig.
Capt. Mickey Maynard took a nice pic of a great steel-head on the docks at Point Bay...was that you?
That wasn't us as we caught the steelhead between diamond island & snakeden on our troll south to westport after the weigh-in.