Show Boat

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Show Boat

Post by Reelax »

Del Gue wrote:"http://s1163.photobucket.com/user/ccjoepilot/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09/23763D01-3629-44F1-ACBC-EB91769A89FA.jpg.html" Purchased it last month, Still working on a name but I love it! With the Converse access closed I am thinking about launching at Otter Creek. The boat is 21' and weighs 3500#. I've never launched from the Otter Creek access before. Does anyone see a problem launching this boat from there? Thanks.
I wouldn't do it. Pay the cash and go to point bay

Nice boat!
Del Gue
Species: Salmon, Pike, Lake Trout

Post by Del Gue »

Reelax wrote:
Del Gue wrote:"http://s1163.photobucket.com/user/ccjoepilot/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09/23763D01-3629-44F1-ACBC-EB91769A89FA.jpg.html" Purchased it last month, Still working on a name but I love it! With the Converse access closed I am thinking about launching at Otter Creek. The boat is 21' and weighs 3500#. I've never launched from the Otter Creek access before. Does anyone see a problem launching this boat from there? Thanks.
I wouldn't do it. Pay the cash and go to point bay

Nice boat!
Thanks. Too shallow, logs, no dock at Otter?
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will go buy a boat.
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Post by Surprise »

Nice Rig...

I'd say Point Bay or Tom's Marine off Basin Harbor rd for a river launch. Cement ramp at Ft Caassin at this lake level drops off the end of the concrete. 3,500 lbs will pull the axle off your trailer.
Fish On!
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Current on Otter Creek is never fun when loading a boat (never loads straight on bunks or roller trailer).

Awesome boat BTW!

My 2013 Starcraft Fishmaster 196 photo from this Spring out at the Bar for the 3rd season now. Motor is a 4 stroke 150 Mercury which tests out at 165 hp at the prop. :)

Del Gue
Species: Salmon, Pike, Lake Trout

Post by Del Gue »

Digitroll (Ron) wrote:Current on Otter Creek is never fun when loading a boat (never loads straight on bunks or roller trailer).

Awesome boat BTW!

My 2013 Starcraft Fishmaster 196 photo from this Spring out at the Bar for the 3rd season now. Motor is a 4 stroke 150 Mercury which tests out at 165 hp at the prop. :)

I ended up launching from Point Bay Marina. They said there was no charge. Maybe they aren't charging while the converse ramp is closed. Nice place to launch from if anyone is looking for an alternative to Converse.

The wind was blowing so hard out there that I was trolling sideways. Learned a lesson. When trolling sideways you need to extend the booms on the riggers as to not get the cable cut by the kicker prop. Cannon ball and chamberlain release went to the bottom in 280 feet of water. :oops:
The good news was the Fish Hawk was on the other side.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will go buy a boat.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Digitroll (Ron) wrote:Current on Otter Creek is never fun when loading a boat (never loads straight on bunks or roller trailer).

Awesome boat BTW!

Very nice fishing vessel you have Ron.... a real beauty
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

It's almost time to put Miss Dolly to dry dock for the winter.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Heijac
Species: All

Post by Heijac »

The "new" Heijac
2003 196 Fishmaster, 115 Merc main, 8hp Honda kicker.
Just set her up with 4 new Cannon hi speeds, FishHawk, and Trollmaster
All ready for my vacation time in November!!!
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Thats what I am talking about!

Nice vessel Randy!

The early bird caught the worm. Good timing chasing this one down. On of the guys on our Starcraft pro staff team told me finding these 196 Fishmasters used is like finding gold.

Good luck in November!

Congrats.

R
Cas
Species: the kind that swim

Post by Cas »

Looks like a carbon copy of my 2000 superfisherman 196 from the outside! Have fun with it
________
Mike
Targa V18
Species: lake trout/Salmon

Post by Targa V18 »

Hopefully the next pic. will show a top on her. Primarily will be launching out of Port Henry.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

my sons boat should be all equipped and ready to go in april.
image hosting free
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

Nice to see the new editions to the Port Henry fleet!
Targa V18
Species: lake trout/Salmon

Post by Targa V18 »

Hairbone wrote:Nice to see the new editions to the Port Henry fleet!
Thank you!!
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

Hairbone wrote:Nice to see the new editions to the Port Henry fleet!
thanks harry: we are have a problem mounting the riggers down firmly because of all the foam underneath. we might just take it to a professional to set it up. we have 7 or 8 riggers and would like to have 4 or more on board. all are canons and 2 are digi-trolls. placing the mast for the boards also looks to be a problem. any of the trollers out there have any ideas for us it would be appreciated. thanks.