DYP Drawing

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Greenhorn
Species: Anything with gills

DYP Drawing

Post by Greenhorn »

I have an uneven number of fishermen signed up for the DYP. If I can get one more to sign up, that would make things easier! Bob Wyatt, please sign up if you are interested.

Also, I have too many sign ups with boats. I could use one more person (besides AnFishfil Thinking) to change their entry from Boat to no boat and if Bob signs up without a boat, we will be all set.

I will gather several friends and do the drawing on Saturday and I will post the results by Sunday at the latest. Contact information will be provided and it is up to the fishermen on each team to contact each other. You can set up a day to "pre-fish" together or just make plans on where to meet for the derby on May 22nd. I should know several days before the derby if the weather will push the derby to Sunday, May 23rd.

You can launch anywhere on the lake, but you must be at the Converse Bay launch by 2:00 pm for weight in. There will be a pot luck BBQ there at the Converse Bay launch after the derby, the plaques will be awarded to the 2021 winners, and there will be a random drawing for a door prize. Please bring some kind of food to share if you would like to participate in the BBQ.

Please contact me with any questions or concerns and best of luck to all! I think this will be a challenging derby to win. :D

Jeff (Greenhorn)
M&M

Re: DYP Drawing

Post by M&M »

If Bob doesn't I'll take the spot.
Ancient Mariner
Species: salmon lake trout walleye

Post by Ancient Mariner »

If you have too many boats put me on standby. If you have a last minute entry without a boat they can go with me.
Crayfish
Species: All of them

Post by Crayfish »

As I mentioned when I signed up, Greenhorn, I'll gladly jump on with someone else.
Greenhorn

Post by Greenhorn »

Thanks Crayfish. I will change your entry to no boat. That evens everything out. Stay tuned for the drawing results this weekend!
wyattsflys
Species: Salmon

Post by wyattsflys »

Thanks so much. My wife's reminded me of our nieces wedding May 22. I'll certainly be watching for next event. Can you give me an idea if one's scheduled?
Greenhorn

Post by Greenhorn »

wyattsflys wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:44 pm Thanks so much. My wife's reminded me of our nieces wedding May 22. I'll certainly be watching for next event. Can you give me an idea if one's scheduled?
Hi Wattsflys: The next event is normally the Frostbite shoot out in early November. Other than that, there are various other derbies on Lake Champlain that you could enter. The Rotary and LCI derbies are both in June.