Let' s go fishing this weekend

A place where folks with boats can pick up others and a place where folks without boats can make it known that they'd like to go out on a boat when there is room!
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Let' s go fishing this weekend

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Hi, I want to go fishing this weekend.... got boat.... anyone interested?
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Let' s go fishing this weekend

Post by Reelax »

I am planning on heading out of apple island at 7am tomorrow morning.. Got room for one more also... You can hop aboard if you want Gecha... (probably more north than you were planning)
Matt B
JK47
Species: All Species

Post by JK47 »

I'd love to but it's my sons 6th birthday.

Please try to post a report as I hope to get out Sunday or Monday.

Best of luck guys! I drove by Apple tonight and the wind was fairly strong from the south. Hope you nail them!!
Gecha (Gerry)

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Reelax wrote:I am planning on heading out of apple island at 7am tomorrow morning.. Got room for one more also... You can hop aboard if you want Gecha... (probably more north than you were planning)
Thanks for your offer Relax, my plan was to fish from my boat, probably around Port Douglas, weather permitting.
I invested a lot of money and added some nice accessories on my toy, I feel it should spend more time on the water.... and I need to practice for the Frost Bite :lol:

Good luck tomorrow.

Gecha
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Looks like kingfisher and Homewrecker aboard Reelax outta apple island... Video at 8am live.....
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Gecha wrote:Hi, I want to go fishing this weekend.... got boat.... anyone interested?
I wish I could but I can't...maybe another time?
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Gecha (Gerry)

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Well, It is almost 7 AM, time to go fishing...
Taking the wife with me for her first fishing trip to Champlain.
I plan to launch at Port Douglas around 9 am, and do our best .
We will be monitoring channel 68, so please, if you have any luck on the water, please share.

Enjoy your weekend, and be safe on the water.

Gecha
Wallyandre (Andre)
Species: salmon, SM, walleyes

Post by Wallyandre (Andre) »

I'm looking at the lake and it's very windy now

I will call you on 68
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Reelax wrote:Looks like kingfisher and Homewrecker aboard Reelax outta apple island... Video at 8am live.....
Yee-haa...Giddy up!
You go boys! :P
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Gecha (Gerry)

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

I launched around 10 am from Port Douglas.
Water was a bit rough, and my wife Lilianne jumped on the cracker box as she was afraid to turn green.
We met Pierre on the water and exchanged some info. We were marking fish and bait everywhere, but the takers were absent.
As time pass, the water got calmer.... and I lost my "autopilot". Lillianne ate more crackers and then went for a "nap" to recharge her batteries. While I was solo, I managed 3 ciscos, for a total of 5 during the day.
We got out of the water around 6, chatted with other boaters at the ramp, looks like it was a slow day for everyone.
We decided to stay overynight, same as Pierre, and went out for a relaxing diner in Keeseville.
In the water by 8am on Sunday. Water was chopy and sky pretty cloudy. We headed south against the wind. The sky turned black and we could hear thunder approching rapidly around 10. We got the tarp up and the lines out of the water and headed toward the ramp, but after a brief heavy rain, sky cleared, so we went back to fishing. I landed 1 cisco and 1 white perch only.... another non productive day.... and yes... I lost my "autopilot" again just after noon. I think I need to start shopping for a more modern one :lol:
Pierre managed 4 silvers, but they were all undersized.
We got out of the water around 2pm as the wind seemed to be picking up a little more, and Lilianne was tired of snacking on crackers.

As we were about to leave, WallyAndre arrived at the ramp and got ready to try his luck.

We got home around 6pm and parked the boat in the yard. This time, no washing necessary.... and no fish to clean.