Thinking of fishing the Frostbite and have no mate aboard

A place where folks with boats can pick up others and a place where folks without boats can make it known that they'd like to go out on a boat when there is room!
Reel Delight (Walt)
Species: Trout, Salmon, & other

Thinking of fishing the Frostbite and have no mate aboard

Post by Reel Delight (Walt) »

Okay I do want to fish my first Frostbite Shootout and I am planning to winterize my outboards and boat after the Frostbite. I am thinking to launch out of Westport, NY and currently have an open First Mate's seat. I am also not the most experienced Salmon fisherman on the lake and I have a lot to learn. I have not ever used a lite bite diver and mostly been fishing for silvers from my downriggers and have been experimenting with cheaters & stackers. So if your interested in a ride aboard a sea worthy vessel with a fairly experienced skipper but novice Salmon fisherman, I could use some pointers in catching Salmon.

Oh yes I do have an enclosure for the cockpit or helm area and a Mr Heater unit to use aboard. So we should be warm and hopefully we won't get skunked.

If your interested in fishing the Frostbite... I am sure we can also get together a couple of days between now and then to get a few practice fishing trips in. I am available weekends and many weekdays too.

Oh yes, I have been known to get excited when I land a nice Salmon. I sure would like to do it again at my first Frostbite.
Retired & ready to fish!
Arima Sea Ranger "Reel Delight"
Past President of the Lake George Fishing Alliance
member of the US Power Squadron and USN Vet.
Formerly AKA "Fishing Eagle"
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Re: Thinking of fishing the Frostbite and have no mate aboar

Post by Surprise »

Walt,

Westport is a perfect port to launch from for the Shootout. My personal home water is Arnold Bay to Sloop Island or Barbor Point to Essex on the New York side. There were 45 boats and 99 fishermen out last Shootout. Drackma here posted to get aboard a boat before you posted looking for a rider. Hook up with him or some other fishing pal. Read some posts here or on ProBoards cjohn forum. Go back in time and see what people are doing. It really hasn't changed. Long and short get out do some scouting, talk on the radio make some friends, find some pods of fish. Place your bets and come to the Barbecue ! Hope to see you and please say Hi !

Randy

P.S. You couldn't have been more excited than Raz last year . Anyone could have heard him without a radio ! Ha!
Fish On!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Looking forward to seeing you there Walt! I would take you up on it, but I am already riding aboard the Cathy-Jean... :D
Matt B
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Surprise wrote:
P.S. You couldn't have been more excited than Raz last year . Anyone could have heard him without a radio ! Ha!
Got that right! I love fishin and the excitement that goes with it!
I'm a screamer...
Fish on!
:ugeek:
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Raz wrote:
Surprise wrote:
Got that right! I love fishin and the excitement that goes with it!
I'm a screamer...
Fish on!
:ugeek:
I was on the Pointer right next to Ben and Gerry and it was quite a good show!!!!
Todd
puddlejumper
Species: salmon

Post by puddlejumper »

Walt ,I,m available to fish any tuesday or wednesday, I'm a avid salmon angler with many hours of fishing time on champlain.
Reel Delight (Walt)
Species: Trout, Salmon, & other

Post by Reel Delight (Walt) »

Puddlejumper I think we have to wait until March or Arpril as I winterized the boat the other day and put her in the boat barn. Things were not coming together for the Frostbite so I put my baby away for the winter.

I am bummed out!
Retired & ready to fish!
Arima Sea Ranger "Reel Delight"
Past President of the Lake George Fishing Alliance
member of the US Power Squadron and USN Vet.
Formerly AKA "Fishing Eagle"