Hoping to get an open seat sometime.

A place where folks with boats can pick up others and a place where folks without boats can make it known that they'd like to go out on a boat when there is room!
Mike8484
Species: Trout

Hoping to get an open seat sometime.

Post by Mike8484 »

Hi all,

My name is Mike and I currently find myself without a boat. I am on the hunt but I couldn't have picked a worse time to purchase a used boat. I am new to the area as of December by way of Colorado. I am currently living in Essex Junction and am hoping to get on any open seat opportunities that may present themselves this season. I am mobile and happy to drive to meet up so don't hesitate to reach out with opportunities that may be far from Essex Junction. While I am a seasoned ice angler I am new to the Vermont fishery in general. I do have a valid fishing license and have gear although I am a bit unclear on what sort of gear is best. I can offer dynamite snacks and beverages and promise to steer clear of subjects like politics and religion in conversation. I am also happy to chip in on gas and pick up bait for the day. I can usually be available with pretty short notice. I have every other Friday as well as weekends off although if the right opportunity presents itself I would happily burn a vacation day to fish. All in all, I am super excited to experience this great fishery. Ok I am gonna sign off as this already sounds like I am writing a personals ad. :D :D :D

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or are just looking at someone to fish with.

TruViking
Species: Those who thrive in Cold H20

Re: Hoping to get an open seat sometime.

Post by TruViking »

Mike,
Pm me at some point later next week. I am full up this weekend but may be able to have you aboard the following. Obviously COVID throws a damper on things but I'm sure it could get figured out! Welcome to the Lake!

Crayfish
Species: All of them

Post by Crayfish »

I'll keep you in mind, Mike. I live right in Jericho so you wouldn't have to drive any further than me! I fish solo a lot since my son is in college, working AND has a girlfriend. Would love to have someone hop aboard once in a while and wash some lures with me. :D I get my first COVID vaccine 4/11, so I'm guessing by the end of the month or early May I'll be vaccinated ... prime salmon time! That will help ease MY mind about having visitors aboard.

TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

Mike - Welcome. I don't know how it's going to play out, but I'd suggest you also check out the DYP post on the Champlain forum page. The DYP is "Draw Your Partner" and it randomly pairs one angler offering a boat with another. It's always been good fun, though the BBQ may be downplayed this year due to Covid. It's a good chance to meet Forum members, learn new techniques and places, and enjoy the Champlain fishery. Serenity will be launched as soon as the Marina has docks installed at Point Bay in Charlotte (another week or two?!), and I'd be happy to show you around the fishery. Stay tuned!

Greenhorn
Species: Anything with gills

Post by Greenhorn »

Hi Mike,

I am planning to launch at Port Henry on Saturday and have an open seat. You are welcome to join me if you would like. I travel there from New Hampshire and my route to Port Henry is through Rutland. I won't be near Essex to pick you up. PM me if you are interested and we can finalize plans.

Fish_Stalker
Species: any

Post by Fish_Stalker »

Mike8484 wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:46 am
Hi all,

My name is Mike and I currently find myself without a boat. I am on the hunt but I couldn't have picked a worse time to purchase a used boat. I am new to the area as of December by way of Colorado. I am currently living in Essex Junction and am hoping to get on any open seat opportunities that may present themselves this season. I am mobile and happy to drive to meet up so don't hesitate to reach out with opportunities that may be far from Essex Junction. While I am a seasoned ice angler I am new to the Vermont fishery in general. I do have a valid fishing license and have gear although I am a bit unclear on what sort of gear is best. I can offer dynamite snacks and beverages and promise to steer clear of subjects like politics and religion in conversation. I am also happy to chip in on gas and pick up bait for the day. I can usually be available with pretty short notice. I have every other Friday as well as weekends off although if the right opportunity presents itself I would happily burn a vacation day to fish. All in all, I am super excited to experience this great fishery. Ok I am gonna sign off as this already sounds like I am writing a personals ad. :D :D :D

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or are just looking at someone to fish with.
Looking for a passenger tomorrow for a half day down south... you available?

Mike8484

Post by Mike8484 »

I am going to have to check my notifications as I didn't see any of these replies. Apologies folks. I didn't mean to not respond. My email is msantos8484@gmail.com. You can usually get a hold of me pretty quick via email or send me a text at 303-653-8268.

Truviking-Thanks for keeping me in mind. Hopefully we can get on the water soon.

Crayfish-That's awesome! I would love to go out with ya sometime. I am freshly vaccinated as of yesterday and after my 14 day wait period I should be ready to go.

Tunamas-Yup I plan on signing up for the DYP. I saw a message about it but at first glance I wasn't able to access any links that let me sign up. I'll try again tonight.

Greenhorn-Doh! I am so bummed I missed this. That's only 1hr 18 minutes from me and totally manageable drive. Keep me in mind if you want some company.

Fish_Stalker- I can usually shake work off but I am jam packed tomorrow. I appreciate the offer.

TruViking
Species: Those who thrive in Cold H20

Post by TruViking »

Hey Mike!
Wondering if you have been able to get out on the water yet?

Best,
Ej(TruViking)

Mike8484

Post by Mike8484 »

Hi EJ,

Thanks for asking EJ. Nah no boat fishing yet although I am still not getting notifications on here when people post on the thread. I guess I'll just have to check in on it often. I just dont' want to post asking for an open seat and then not respond. Oh well...so it goes. I haven't gotten out but having just moved in to our house (Pinewood Manor neighborhood in Essex Junction) there has been no shortage of tasks to get done. I feel like I am in a good place to begin to approach the subject of going fishing should an open seat arise with the wife. I've been seeing lots of BEAUTIFUL lakers being posted. Lake Trout are really what I dream of getting on. They are such amazing fish. I caught a 28" through the ice at Magog this year and I have been chasing others ever since. I have very little experience with salmon so I'm not sure what I am missing with them. Hoping this summer brings some cool opportunities. Finding a decent boat has been quite a challenge and I have all but resigned that a boat isn't in the cards for me this season. While I could find A boat it won't be THE boat for me. Nor will it be at a price point that makes sense to any rational human. Any aluminum boat in the 16-20ft range that is worth a damn is gone in minutes for way more than it should. Oh well. I did sign up for the DYP tournament and am REALLY looking forward to that.

Detritus
Species: Anything we can catch

Post by Detritus »

Lake Trout are really what I dream of getting on. They are such amazing fish.
Well you moved to the right place if you want that dream to come true, haha. I've got a message on the home screen of my phone that's been there a year now, something about, "Phone is running out of storage space, click here to manage data" or something.

Why? Well, there's probably 300 pictures of my kids holding up lake trout. The little kids want their picture taken no matter what, the big kids only like to pose with the big fish.

Same with perch. I think you mentioned that a while back. But, honestly, we have one of the best fisheries anywhere. To get to a better one, you'd have to go east to the ocean, or west to ontario.
"Country Angler" - '93 Trophy 2002 - Cold water boat
"Strike Three" - '04 Triton SF21 - Warm water boat
"The Dumpster" - '90 Starcraft SF14 - Camping Boat

Jack

Mike8484

Post by Mike8484 »

Well I got plenty of photo storage ready to go for the next opportunity I get with a Laker. I tend to fall in line with the little kids. I want pics with ALL sized lake trout. They are such an amazing fish.

Mike8484

Post by Mike8484 »

Hi all! Still hoping for an open spot and would appreciate any and all invites. Not sure if it matters to you all but I am also fully vaccinated. I fixed my notification settings so I shouldn't miss any messages or responses here on the thread. I've had thoughts of lake trout racing through my head all week. Tight lines, bent rods, and thanks for reading all!