Pro-cure Samples

Lure modification. From taping and painting to manufacturing your own fishing lures.
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Pro-cure Samples

Post by tamiron »

Pro-cure samples of smelt super gel have been included with a large number of Tamiron orders this spring. I have only heard back from one customer by email and he appeared to be satisfied with the results. I have chosen this method to market this new product that Tamiron is now carrying, so as to allow potential customers to try the product before they buy it. But that implies that Tamiron needs some feedback! If anybody has tried this product and either likes or dislikes it could you please share your opinions on the forum?
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
BottomDollar
Species: cold water

Re: Pro-cure Samples

Post by BottomDollar »

Jim, I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I'll let you know how it works for me.

Thanks for the sample and the large spoon!

Andy
keithm87
Species: Trout and Salmon

Post by keithm87 »

I have tried it a few times with no luck. I like that is stays on the lure, and I am sure that with time I will see some success, but so far it has not seemed to make a major difference for me.
tamiron

Post by tamiron »

keithm87 wrote:I have tried it a few times with no luck. I like that is stays on the lure, and I am sure that with time I will see some success, but so far it has not seemed to make a major difference for me.
KEITH:

Thanks for the feedback! Good or bad we (both Tamiron and other forum members) need to know!
Ahhspray
Species: Whatever the lake will provide

Post by Ahhspray »

I used a small amount on the stickbait I caught my big salmon on a couple of weeks ago. I had been using it that day on other lures without success. When I have a day when I discover the "secret combo" for the day, I'd like to do a side by side comparison and see if I can tell a difference. I just need more time to fish ...tough assignment.
Totally rebuilt - 1986 22' Starcraft 220V CC T-top w/ 1986 Evinrude 140hp and 1978 Merc 7.5hp kicker
tamiron

Post by tamiron »

Ahhspray:

Interesting ... at least we know that it didn't scare him off!! Thanks, Jim
tamiron

Post by tamiron »

Now have alewife gel in stock
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

I'm wondering if it would hold up longer the way I use scent. I drill a half inch deep by 1/4 into the front of the ball, fill it with scent and plug it with a little piece of cotton rag. I think this method makes the scent go a little further. Have to get some. I swear by scent and use it most of the time, especially when things are slow. Maybe I only use it because the Billy-Bobs hate it.
Ahhspray

Post by Ahhspray »

Fished Memphremagog again friday.

Only got one small 18" salmon but it was on a small mottled pink with Pro-cure scent on it.

Couldn't duplicate and nothing else produced. Water 48-50. Fished from 7a-noon. Caught salmon at 7:30. 30FOW Flat line off of planer board.

Silver puked up a 5"-6" Brookie! ...I think I should use my bigger spoons more often.
Totally rebuilt - 1986 22' Starcraft 220V CC T-top w/ 1986 Evinrude 140hp and 1978 Merc 7.5hp kicker
Registered Kayak
Species: Salmon and the rest

Post by Registered Kayak »

That was a shocking find to say the least.
Ahhspray

Post by Ahhspray »

Registered Kayak wrote:That was a shocking find to say the least.
No doubt. Wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it myself.
tamiron

Post by tamiron »

C-Hawk wrote:I'm wondering if it would hold up longer the way I use scent. I drill a half inch deep by 1/4 into the front of the ball, fill it with scent and plug it with a little piece of cotton rag. I think this method makes the scent go a little further. Have to get some. I swear by scent and use it most of the time, especially when things are slow. Maybe I only use it because the Billy-Bobs hate it.
C-Hawk:

A lot of scents are liquid and wash off quite easily. The PRO-CURE GEL that Tamiron carries will far outlast the normal liquid. I have include pieces of Fluorescent Orange yarn in the sample bag that I have handed out to include a 1/2 inch "tail" to the hook that when soaked with GEL, will last for hours ... if not all day!

Still waiting for forum members to comment on the results of this suggestion!
Bigred71
Species: Cold Water

Post by Bigred71 »

Jim, i had a chance to try the gel you sent me. Last week i trolled for about 5 hours in a slight chop, got one 16" salmon, and a small laker, not using gel. This weekend in similar conditions i tried the gel, and perhaps by chance, but had just gotten one lead core 3 colors out and in rod holder, went to set up another and already had a nice 20" salmon on. 4 hours later I had missed 2 more fish, got another nice salmon almost to the boat when one more jump set it free, and then boated a an 18". All this in less than 3 hours. Could be the weather the day before churned things up a bit, but the gel certainly didn't scare them away. Will be using some again this weekend in the rotary on Champlain so more to come I hope :)

I will let you know how it goes
Thanks,
Bryan
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

It seems to work for me... I had tried it for 2 trips with good results. Left it in the tray last trip and we only went 1-5... Slowest trip of the season... It will be used next time out...
Matt B
Fishawk
Species: Trout, bass, cats

Post by Fishawk »

I rarely fish without a piece of bright yarn and gel. I believe it works well. Thanks for the samples!! Always good to trying a different tactic