Striper Surfcasting

Check and share here for the latest Salt Water fishing reports.
mac
Species: Salmon, Trout and Bass

Striper Surfcasting

Post by mac »

I plan on surf casting in Maine this summer. What size hooks, weights , swivels etc do people run? How about stick baits recommendation and colors?
mac

Re: Striper Surfcasting

Post by mac »

Went to the local bait shop and got all setup. Kind of like Bens but with an accent. Figured bait would a pain si I went artificial , slugos and plugs.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

How'd you do?
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
mac

Post by mac »

I fished off the Jette with slugos for three hours with one bite as the tide was coming in. I lost the fish. Watched seal after seal floating by hunting fish in between 5 boats drifting with mackerel . I talked to a local and he said the bite was on early around 8am for half hour or so but in general a slow day. There was a structure that the boats kept pounding and they did catch a couple 30"-40" stripers from what was said by other fisherman.

I did some surf casting each day but that was Slow. I figured with no locals around was a sign I was not in a good spot.

I ran into a guy from VT that stopped to chat when I was surf casting. One thing led to another and he says his friend is a charter boat captain on Champlain. Who I asked? Cloud Nine Charters was the reply. That would be obe white I say another VUHS alum. Small world.

I was on vacation with my family and to be able to chase stripers was a bonus. Add in lobster with a lot of laughs , priceless!
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

I'll be there in September for a four day week end. I don't think I can wet a line...it may not be "romantic" enough?
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
mac

Post by mac »

Enjoy your vaca!