Archery opening weekend - Doe down

Share Hunting info.
vtfishin
Species: Salmon, Steel, eyes, bass...

Archery opening weekend - Doe down

Post by vtfishin »

I hunted Saturday am and then pilled up the stakes when the rain really kick din. No deer but good to be out for the archery opener.

Headed back out Sunday am for a long sit. Nothing came in but had a feeling the afternoon would pay off. Ate a quick lunch and then back into my stand.

At about 5:30 PM a fischer came in and was milling around. Almost chose to come up my tree until he saw me and flipped out. A few minutes later a doe came in and judged her to be about 120. Interesting thing was as she would approach where the fischer had run (likely laying down sent in a panic) she would get twitchy and change her direction. When she went in behind a clump of trees I drew and as soon s I had shoulder at 25 yes I took it. She was quartering slightly to me and the arrow ran straight thorough. She dropped 30 yds away, double lung, dead. I have been using Grim Reaper mechanicals for several years on the recommendation of Mac. I have shot deer and boars with em and also have seen Mac shoot several deer. I'll never change. Devastating damage. Deer weighed in at 118. Skinned her out and butchered Monday night with Mac and friends.
I love Veni in the freezer.

The new to me Bowtech is a sweet rig. I've been shooting a lot this fall and it payed off.

Good luck out there.

Matt
WildFisherWoman
Species: The Toothiest N Meanest!

Re: Archery opening weekend - Doe down

Post by WildFisherWoman »

Nicely done! Fishers are one thing I dont mess with! They are evil little creatures... LOL Im looking to switch broadheads. Maybe ill try these. Im not happy with the performance of Rage. I dont feel like they fly true.
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"