Re: NY Bow Opener

Post by Shake-n-Bake »

Great hunt! Congrats!
See you on the pond!
blue lund
Species: salmon trout walleye

Post by blue lund »

Congratulations on the 6 point and the doe!

Deer were moving despite the winds this past weekend. Saw several does the first day and was able to arrow a buck on the second day.
lazycs

Post by lazycs »

nice going WFW, looks like fresh venny in the freeze...
WildFisherWoman
Species: The Toothiest N Meanest!

Post by WildFisherWoman »

Thanks everyone. Sorry took so long for a reply. I was lost in the VT woods trying to find the illusive VT deer! NY is always a good time. It makes you remember what deer look like and you see piles of them. I always see more deer in one sit there than in weeks up here. Kinda sad really. Rifle season is around the corner. There are some monsters around there so we shall see if the luck carries over.

Shirefisher.. wind was headed up to 20mph this day... 2 years ago I saw the biggest buck I ever saw in the fain early light in 25mph winds plus. Big cold front was coming through that day. I also.. shot a lil fork horn (that I ultimately lost :'( ) the same year in howling afternoon winds. like scary winds that make you question your sanity for even sitting in a tree! When the rains came, it washed the blood trail away when he ran into swamps. For some reason... I LOVE hunting the wind. Esp in woods and travel corridors. It makes them nervous and they move I think. Ive seen more bucks on those days. Plus... it moves your scent away faster and conceals your movement in. Just my opinion.

Reelax.. yes.. dragging and gutting. Prime service in NY. Good ol ag fields allow easy Tacoma access in. :D
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"