ground blinds?

Share Hunting info.
shirefisher
Species: all

ground blinds?

Post by shirefisher »

Any suggestions as I blew out my knee and I don't think I'll be climbing anything this year. I was thinking about the "Ghost Blind".

Any suggestions.
WildFisherWoman
Species: The Toothiest N Meanest!

Re: ground blinds?

Post by WildFisherWoman »

That sucks man..... :( Im not a huge fan of the ground blind, but personally id go with something that is full concealment to hide your movement when you draw if your using for bow. If your using a crossbow or rifle where you dont have to move then id say go for it. Unless you like the challenge :D What about a ladder stand????? Can you climb a ladder or are you talking about not being able to use a climber stand?
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"
Lavman
Species: Equal opportunity catcher :D

Post by Lavman »

I have camo burlap that I take with me and make my blinds. It is cheap and easy and when taking the kids with me, really necessary, because they have a hard time sitting still.

Bummer on the knee!
MADSIERRA
Species: if it swims

Post by MADSIERRA »

Sucks about the knee. I would go with WFW suggestion with the full concealment. I have worked as a guide in Iowa for the last 14 years and we use A LOT of them with great success. "usually" you will want to set them up a couple days in advance if possiable especially if you are bow hunting, make sure you brush them in to avoid the " black hole" look that the windows will sometimes give off & a mistake some of our hunters are guilty of is don't get your face close to the window...stay to the back of the blind in the dark. we have had clients take many huge bucks at very close range. with our gun hunters and longer range they dont seem to mind as much with the blind being set up and hunted the same day with as long as there in some cover. good luck.
shirefisher
Species: all

Post by shirefisher »

Thanx y'all, I got a good deal on a Trekker hub blind form cabelas, we'll see how it goes. I'm already shooting the bow pretty hot, now I have to get used to shooting sitting in the blind. My climber blind will be missed but I'm always up to switch it up a little.