Tagged Out

Share Hunting info.
Trackertroller
Species: Cold & Warm Water

Tagged Out

Post by Trackertroller »

The hill side was dirty with birds today. Gobbles coming from every direction. Had one bird below me and one in back of me. After fly down I cutt a few times times and the birds responded. It wasn't long before the one in the woods came out and met the one in the field, then the fight began :o
These birds locked necks and fought up the hill towards me, when they got to the decoys, I thought they would have separated, but they didn't. Right past me and the decoys and up the hill they went, I started yelling at them :lol: , they didn't even flinch. Now they are out of range still going at it.
Finally , here they come back down the hill, still locked up! How much longer can this go on :?:
As they approached the decoys again, I decided it was time to end this. I pointed my gun down and away from them and fired a warning shot :shock: finally they separate and stand there, one starts walking down closer, the other starts strutting again. Now its go time, who lives and who's dinner? The closer bird looks back up the hill and starts charging the other bird again, game over :!: Took the bully bird!!
The other bird just stood there as his buddy did the floppy chicken. I got up and walked into the field and the bird just stood there, like 30yrds away, finally he just walked off into the woods. I collected the bird and the decoys and reflected on such an awesome hunt.

Official stats:
TOK: 5:55AM
20 LBS 7OZ
9" Beard
7/8 spurs

JEREMY
1987 24' Chaparral
"Plenty of Fish"
VTgooseman
Species: Fish with Teeth!

Re: Tagged Out

Post by VTgooseman »

Way to go, Jeremy!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Great story Jeremy, too bad you didn't get the whole thing on camera!
Matt B
Trackertroller
Species: Cold & Warm Water

Post by Trackertroller »

Reelax wrote:Great story Jeremy, too bad you didn't get the whole thing on camera!
I had the camera out, though I didn't go to video mode, thought I was taping the whole time, super bummed when I realized.
JEREMY
1987 24' Chaparral
"Plenty of Fish"
Sleepswithdafishes
Species: coldwater

Post by Sleepswithdafishes »

Congrats Tracker!!!! Nice trophy!!! Next why dont you smile, ha ha !! Sleeps
WildFisherWoman
Species: The Toothiest N Meanest!

Post by WildFisherWoman »

Way to get the bird(s)!
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"