Northern NY early goose hunt

Share Hunting info.
lazycs

Northern NY early goose hunt

Post by lazycs »

managed to slip away for the weekend and take advantage of a couple of days of resident goose hunting in northern NY. starting friday afternoon scouting for geese in fields. Finding only small groups of geese and losing daylight a phone call from a friend who had passed a large group of 4-5 hundred in a field he had passed on his way over to go fishing on the big O things started looking good. after getting permission and phone calls to Rick, Ken and Pete of when and where it was time to call it a day..
setting out over 100 full body decoys and finding spots to hide in a dry drainage ditch we waited in the cold 37 degree air for geese to return to there field for a hot breakfast of cold steel. :D Being creatures of habit it was long after first light that they started to come. the action was fast and furious taking less than an hour to collect our limit of 32 birds.
With Sundays hunt nailed down less then 5 miles from saturdays we where looking to get it done even quicker. after a couple volleys and geese coming at us from every direction we where on track for a very short hunt, little more then 30 minutes into it it was over. nothing like the smell of gun powder and geese talking on a cold september morning.
thanks to Rick, Ken and Pete it was a blast!!

Hey digi check out Ken, he's as good at shooting geese as he is netting kings and steering your boat out to the bar in the spring, folding them up on the long shots!!

Last edited by lazycs on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
bumpnrun
Species: salmon

Re: Northern NY early goose hunt

Post by bumpnrun »

cant wait for the game pepperoni sticks this winter .Now mix some deer in were all set BUMP.
Roger Lav
Salmoneye
Species: Fish

Post by Salmoneye »

Good work guys!
There was a young man from Nantucket...
WildFisherWoman
Species: The Toothiest N Meanest!

Post by WildFisherWoman »

Nice! :P Was in NY yesterday and NY geese put VT to shame! They were everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"
Dockside

Post by Dockside »

OMG!!!! Way to wack'em!
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

That's called wackin and stackin!

Nice job Pete, Ken, and Mike!
Shaye D Winds

Post by Shaye D Winds »