New Hunting Spot

Share Hunting info.
WildFisherWoman
Species: The Toothiest N Meanest!

New Hunting Spot

Post by WildFisherWoman »

Im more optimistic about the area I will be hunting this year. Maybe I will see one of these 3 come Oct 6. :shock:

Beautiful 8 pt.

Cute basket rack 8 pt.

Lil Scrapper
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"
Shake-n-Bake
Species: coldwater

Re: New Hunting Spot

Post by Shake-n-Bake »

Very nice indeed! Time to get my cameras out of the garage and in to the woods.
See you on the pond!
Lavman
Species: Equal opportunity catcher :D

Post by Lavman »

Must be your New York stomping grounds :mrgreen:
shirefisher
Species: all

Post by shirefisher »

Looks like it's gonna be a good year! Are those NY deer or VT?
WildFisherWoman

They are all VT bucks. Gonna try a new spot in Franklin county. Found it while doing field work this summer. :D
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"
Wellsley (Frank)

Post by Wellsley (Frank) »

Here in my area of NY this year we are going to 3 points on one side. I hope to see a real differance in rack sizes in about 3 years.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Oh my gosh WFW. They'll all be dead. Didn't you kill like 3 last year?
Hey....where's my venison?
Hope you do well in the woods...I'll be tryin to get your ol' man to spoon feed some leapers.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
WildFisherWoman

Wellsley - NY really changed some stuff up this year. Like moving bowhunting up 2 wks for So.. zone! Yay! I think the 3pt rule is a good idea. I dont hunt the Catskill area but in right between the Catskills and the Adirondacks. Are there a lot fewer deer down there? I know where I am the buck doe ratios are all messed up......

Raz - Ooooh.. something like that. I lost a freezer when I was gone for a bit and lost a whole deer plus and a mess of specialty smoked stuff. There was a lot of tears on my part but I think the ol man was a bit happy :D Ill get you some tho. ;)
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

WildFisherWoman wrote: Raz - Ooooh.. something like that. I lost a freezer when I was gone for a bit and lost a whole deer plus and a mess of specialty smoked stuff. There was a lot of tears on my part but I think the ol man was a bit happy :D Ill get you some tho. ;)
Oh Geez, I do remember hearing about that. Sorry that happened. Venison and the processed venison is very dear to you I'm sure. It always was/is to me.
I'm a patient fella...
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Wellsley (Frank)

Post by Wellsley (Frank) »

Wellsley - NY really changed some stuff up this year. Like moving bowhunting up 2 wks for So.. zone! Yay! I think the 3pt rule is a good idea. I dont hunt the Catskill area but in right between the Catskills and the Adirondacks. Are there a lot fewer deer down there? I know where I am the buck doe ratios are all messed up......

I'm in the northern catskills and we have lots of deer. I often will sit and watch 30 deer. With not a buck with them. Yet there is a good number of bucks but mostly 1 1/2 old. What county to you hunt in NY.